Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

Old May 17th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Mike Simmons

Default Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

"Saxsby C.Hawk" wrote in message

Carol wrote in message

On Mon, 17 May 2004 00:44:26 GMT, "aurora"
wrote:

If the morbidly obese are handicapped due to this self-induced
condition then someone drunk or drugged should also be given special
treatment and allowed to fly. Being drunk is simply another example
of self-abuse.

Carol

"Self-induced", "self-abuse" ? You really are self-righteous and blatantly
ignorant.

And, BTW, Carol is absolutely correct!

Mike

Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to Marie Lewis

they
should stay home and loose some of that lard.

Where should they "loose" it? All over the airport?

cant you read Marie? He said they should go home and eat less.
That would lead to weight loss.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to aurora

Morbid obesity should be considered just as any other physical handicap, and
the standard protocol for dealing with those extended to the morbidly obese.

If a doctor certifies that the person has some unusual medical
problem then fine. If they are the average fat person who wont
stop eating then they should pay for two seats.
Fat-acceptance my lardarse!
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to Saxsby C.Hawk

Being drunk is simply another example
of self-abuse.

Carol

"Self-induced", "self-abuse" ? You really are self-righteous and blatantly
ignorant.

This is cross posted to cause a row, so if you are not removing
the x post, then lets row!
OK. i'm ignorant, why are drunkenness and fatness not self
induced?
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to Icono Clast

There are people who are genetically fat. There's nothing they can do
about it. They should not be penalized for something, such as
ancestry, over which they have no control. Nor should the carriers. I
have no answer.

I know a few families of fat people. The whole families are fat,
both sides of the family, (when one married, the new husband got
fat too) therefore I conclude they eat too much or eat the wrong
things. Is there a fat person who would not get thin without
food?
If fatness is genetic why is it increasing in line with modern
diet in countries like the US?
Why are there more fat people in US than elsewhere? Do Americans
have a pro fat gene? Has it been isolated? Or is it that US has a
typically high hat convenience fod diet and does not walk much
compared to many countries?
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to Saxsby C.Hawk

Maybe you should inform yourself about the disease before you give anymore
lectures.

For most the "disease" is self deception.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:44 PM
The Reids

Following up to Marie Lewis

I don't care if it is the disease of the month. I will continue to refuse
to sit next to someone whose fat intrudes over the arm rest.

End of story.

Not the end of story.

*You *buy two seats.

explain why someone should buy a second seat when they only want
to sit in one?
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:55 PM
The Reids

Following up to Catharine Honeyman

http://www.forbes.com/services/2004/...2seatpoll.html

Could I ask about "fat acceptance". Am I right to assume that
this is an attitude to fatness that says its OK to be fat?

If the above is true are those who promote this self deception
complicity in the inevitable early deaths of those fat people who
do "accept fat"?

Apologies if that's not what fat acceptance is.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:58 PM
colin.

"aurora" wrote in message
t...
| Morbid obesity should be considered just as any other physical handicap,
and
| the standard protocol for dealing with those extended to the morbidly
obese.

| If those in wheelchairs are accomidated for free of charge, so should the
| morbidly obese. If they are not, neither should the morbidly obese.

Do you know how thoroughly unpleasant an experience it is to be sitting next
to an outrageously fat person for a nine-hour flight? They encroach into
your already tiny space, taking your space and your air. It is horrid.
Abject lazyness and gluttony, as has already been stated, should _not_ be
treated as a medical condition. They should be forced to buy three seats,
never mind two.

My girlfriend broke her neck when she was fourteen and as a result is
confined to a wheelchair. I have flown with her; it is not easy for her,
nor for myself. Airlines accomodate disabled people because they cannot
help their medical conditions. Laziness is not a medical condition, however
you wish to try and portray it. Are you daring to suggest that a lazy fat
swine should be afforded the same considerations as her?

Old May 17th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Maurice ON4BAM

On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:18:11 +0100, "Marie Lewis"
wrote:

"Dave Thompson" wrote in message

"Saxsby C.Hawk" wrote in message
You seem to have a lot of lard between your ears.
Maybe you should inform yourself about the disease before you give

anymore
lectures.

Lessee. Morbidly obese don't want to pay for two tickets. Let's take it
further and demand that bed bound persons be allowed to fly on one ticket.
After all, they will only take up three rows.

I don't care if it is the disease of the month. I will continue to refuse
to sit next to someone whose fat intrudes over the arm rest.

End of story.

Not the end of story.

*You *buy two seats.

Or fly cargo ;-)

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z http://www.qsl.net/on4bam
Travelstories from Alaska, Scotland, South Africa,Iceland,