Travel Agencies in Singapore under liquidation.

Old November 16th, 2003, 10:59 PM
shuttlecock

Default Travel Agencies in Singapore under liquidation.

"zender" wrote in message
Have anyone notice recently, some the travel agencies in beach road
have resort to registering a second name for their business ?

Are they one the verge of closing down ?
Or do they have other motive ?

"Nike" wrote in message:

I wonder also what's happening... Like about the MISA travel

agencies, what
happen to them? I did approach them last week asking for air ticket,

but
since the reply from them not really good so I just hack care...

Have the travel agencies in Singapore which have gone into liquidation
received incentives to do so such as compensation for the crisis in
the travel industry?

They can easily disappear taking your money like Century Travel, close
relatives of Misa Travel, did to a friend. And there is little that
CASE, NATAS, STB can do to protect consumer confidence and the
reputation of the honest ones if a company has gone into liquidation
stealing the consumer's money. This encourages others to do alike.
They then do the same business in different companies. So be aware you
might be the next innocent consumer to lose its money with a
liquidation cover up. I wonder what the director of the disappeared
Century Travel is doing now...
Old November 17th, 2003, 03:54 PM
TroubleMaker

Has anyone ever wondered what is really wrong with the travel industry in
SINapore?

First you have the a series of crisis... e-commerce melt-down, twin-towers
incident, Iraq War, SARS etc...
Next you have a bunch of rookies running the lead in the tourism industry -
an ex-retired Army General, a medical doctor, some economy development board
transferees...
Then you have misplaced directives during crisises.... promote medical
"tourism" and promote education "tourism" which does not really benefit the
majority of the hoteliers and travel agencies in SINapore...
Last you have expulsion of the old guards...More internationally expirienced
and senior staff of STB who had either retired or quit from service.

Meanwhile, you have a bunch of new entrants in the leading echelon of this
stat board feeding each other with "good" news about "small" successes that
really do not mean anything to the laymen of the industry where bread and
butter matter.

It is no wonder more and more companies in the travel sector are going into
bankruptcies and closures. Do all these private sector failures mean much
to the many chiefs in the STB? Not so... life still goes on....

"shuttlecock" wrote in message
om...