FAA Accuses British Airways of Recklessness

Old March 10th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Limey

wrote in message
oups.com...
Finally note that British Airways is not a US carrier and not even

required to
follow 14 CFR 121.

Untrue.
121.1
This part prescribes rules governing--
(f) Each person who is an applicant for an Air Carrier Certificate or
an Operating Certificate under part 119 of this chapter, when
conducting proving tests.

119.1(a) This part applies to each person operating or intending to
operate civil aircraft -
(1) As an air carrier or commercial operator, or both, in air
commerce;

So if they want to operate as an air carrier in the U.S. then for the
portion of their flight in U.S. territory they are indeed subject to 14
CFR 121.

You're both wrong.. Part 119 and Part 121 specifically deal with Air
Carriers with an Operating Certificate issued by the FAA (US registered
aircraft). Since the BA fleet, as far as I'm aware are all UK registered
aircraft, operated out of the UK, then ICAO regulations or ANO's apply,
whatever. They *probably* (I don't know) contain something like this, which
incidentally is applicable to US registered aircraft operating under an FAA
issued certificate.

§ 121.11 Rules applicable to operations in a foreign country.
Each certificate holder shall, while operating an airplane within a foreign
country, comply with the air traffic rules of the country concerned and the
local airport rules, except where any rule of this part is more restrictive
and may be followed without violating the rules of that country.

which, as best I can tell, means they need to comply with Part 91, and
applicable Part 121 rules while in US airspace.

Limey.

Old March 10th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Robert M. Gary

I believe 121 is mostly a copy of ICOA, which is reflected by both the
FAA and the JAA.

-Robert

Old March 10th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Pooh Bear

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

Actually the same plane made two flights with 3 engines - the first from LAX
to MAN,

Yup. Then it proceeded less pax to LHR. Where the malfunctioning engine was replaced.

the second

Third actually. Second with pax though.

Fifth, to be accurate. It flew MAN-LHR-SIN-MEL-SIN-LHR

I was simply referring to the 'third time it flew on 3 engines' recently i.e. the SIN-LHR
sector.

The former 2 being LAX-MAN and MAN-LHR.

Graham

Old March 11th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

Actually the same plane made two flights with 3 engines - the
first from LAX to MAN,

Yup. Then it proceeded less pax to LHR. Where the malfunctioning
engine was replaced.

the second

Third actually. Second with pax though.

Fifth, to be accurate. It flew MAN-LHR-SIN-MEL-SIN-LHR

I was simply referring to the 'third time it flew on 3 engines'
recently i.e. the SIN-LHR sector.

The former 2 being LAX-MAN and MAN-LHR.

OooW Did you put it in yur planespotter log?

"Today I seen a Boeing 747, City of Bishop's Dorking, flying on three
engines. I don't know what sort of engines they wuz, but they made loads of
noise. Airplane had a real pretty pattern on the tail of some primitive
country's primitive artwork. We was flying some nice english people over to
this primitive country to show 'em how to wazzit.

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"Limey"
:

wrote in message
[...]

Yep.

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

JL Grasso :

On 10 Mar 2005 19:26:06 -0600, Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX
wrote:

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

Actually the same plane made two flights with 3 engines - the
first from LAX to MAN,

Yup. Then it proceeded less pax to LHR. Where the malfunctioning
engine was replaced.

the second

Third actually. Second with pax though.

Fifth, to be accurate. It flew MAN-LHR-SIN-MEL-SIN-LHR

I was simply referring to the 'third time it flew on 3 engines'
recently i.e. the SIN-LHR sector.

The former 2 being LAX-MAN and MAN-LHR.

OooW Did you put it in yur planespotter log?

"Today I seen a Boeing 747, City of Bishop's Dorking, flying on three
engines. I don't know what sort of engines they wuz, but they made
loads of noise. Airplane had a real pretty pattern on the tail of some
primitive country's primitive artwork. We was flying some nice english
people over to this primitive country to show 'em how to wazzit.

Bwahaaaaaahwahwahwahwahwahwahw! Keyboard!

Thenkew. I should realy be on the stage. I coudl be the next Bob Denver.

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 11th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Rich Ahrens

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

JL Grasso :

On 10 Mar 2005 19:26:06 -0600, Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX
wrote:

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

[...]

Sure, Maynard.

I gotta kill that boy. I just gotta.
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Rich Ahrens :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

JL Grasso :

On 10 Mar 2005 19:26:06 -0600, Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX
wrote:

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

[...]

Tuesday Weld, now THERE isan ingenue.

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
6.21...
JL Grasso :

On 10 Mar 2005 19:26:06 -0600, Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX
wrote:

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

[...]

Who knows, keep this up & you may one day be Hosting The Oscar
Presentations". Talk about blowing your anynomous act..
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type
Posting From ADA

Old March 11th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"Ralph Nesbitt"
. com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX wrote in message
6.21...
JL Grasso :

On 10 Mar 2005 19:26:06 -0600, Bertie the Bunyip XZXZ@XZXZ.,XZXZX
wrote:

Pooh Bear
:

James Robinson wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

khobar wrote:

[...]

Sidestepping the obvious, I could pull it off!

Doh!

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com