Master Chef Rudi Sodamin Tops in Cruise Industry!

Old January 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Master Chef Rudi Sodamin Tops in Cruise Industry!

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

I'm beginning to think that Tom works for Cunard.

I don't know why anyone would compare lines like Cunard and Oceania to
the mass market lines like Holland America. You pay more and should get
better on Cunard and Oceania. I wanted to send that chicken back though
on Cunard at that Chefs Gallery.

--
Charles

IIRC only Grill Class on QM2 is rated above Mass Market. Cunard Britannia
is considered Mass Market. Toward the high end of Mass Market, but still
Mass Market. In fact, Berlitz rates QM2 Britannia Class below many of the
Celebrity ships.

--Tom

The 'classing' of passengers on the Cunard vessels is something that bothers
me.

--Jean

Old January 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

The 'classing' of passengers on the Cunard vessels is something that bothers
me.

Honestly I did not notice the classing aboard. Maybe I was just
oblivious to it. As far as Cunard Britannia being mass market that is
news to me. And I don't give a darn about the Berlitz rating's Tom
likes to quote from time to time. I don't have the Berlitz book, I
never look at it. I did browse it a couple of times at bookstores
after Tom quoted it and I was not impressed. I don't consider Berlitz
an authority.

What bothers me about Cunard is the evening dress code. While I do
think people look great, and I have liked the way I look in a tux or
suit, I don't like wearing them. Or feel comfortable in them.
Particularly every evening. First thing I want to do is go change after
dinner which you won't be doing on Cunard. That type of clothing should
be worn to special occasions like weddings, awards ceremonies,
inaugural balls, and charity fund raisers. Not every evening on
vacation. I did it on QM2 in the spirit of nostalgia, of going on an
ocean liner, experiencing that tradition, and if one goes on a Cunard
trans atlantic one should stay in costume. But I see that cruise as a
one time experience.

--
Charles
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

The 'classing' of passengers on the Cunard vessels is something that
bothers me.

--Jean

No different than any specialty restaurant on any other ship. Or going on
Silversea or Crystal... or even Oceania, for that matter while the rest of
us are on Princess, RCI, HAL and Celebrity...

--Tom

Old January 17th, 2010, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:32:46 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

The 'classing' of passengers on the Cunard vessels is something that
bothers me.

--Jean

No different than any specialty restaurant on any other ship. Or going on
Silversea or Crystal... or even Oceania, for that matter while the rest of
us are on Princess, RCI, HAL and Celebrity...

I thought there were sections of the ship that were off-limits to the
lower-class passengers. No?

Old January 17th, 2010, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jack Hamilton
wrote:

I thought there were sections of the ship that were off-limits to the
lower-class passengers. No?

One lounge and deck area.

--
Charles
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

The 'classing' of passengers on the Cunard vessels is something that
bothers me.

--Jean

No different than any specialty restaurant on any other ship. Or going
on
Silversea or Crystal... or even Oceania, for that matter while the rest of
us are on Princess, RCI, HAL and Celebrity...

I thought there were sections of the ship that were off-limits to the
lower-class passengers. No?

A small lounge and a tiny outside area on one deck. Much smaller than the
area on Princess that they charge extra for. And not in a strategic
location like on the Crown Princess. And you can walk trough the outside
area (we did), just not get a chair there.

--Tom