Attn: Oasis Pre inaugural invitees

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default Attn: Oasis Pre inaugural invitees

Welcome home from the first Oasis pre inaugural.

How did it go?

Did you get a chance to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the
alternative restaurants?

How was the normally extra pay restaurants handled? Did they require
reservations? If so, how were the reservations made?

Gadget

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Nov 23, 3:41�am, (Gadget World) wrote:
Welcome home from the first Oasis pre inaugural.

How did it go?

Did you get a chance to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the
alternative restaurants?

How was the �normally extra pay restaurants handled? Did they require
reservations? If so, how were the reservations made?

Gadget

I leave for the Oasis on thanksgiving SO will have a report when I get
off and I then go to VIking Group Cruise on the Westerdam. In Between
to Key west and Reddington beach

Susette
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Gadget World wrote:
Welcome home from the first Oasis pre inaugural.

How did it go?

Did you get a chance to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the
alternative restaurants?

How was the normally extra pay restaurants handled? Did they require
reservations? If so, how were the reservations made?

Gadget

Just got home today. Took plenty of pictures, had a great trip.. the
ship is absolutely amazing. The new pier facility is first class.
There were 2800 invited guest on this first 2 night preview sailing...
sort of a "soft opening" and that had good points and bad points.
More about that in my report(s).

My laptop finally gave up the ghost on the trip so I wasn't able to
upload anything. Give me a day or two to get caught up and I'll get a
trip report posted and get the photos uploaded. I've got a lot to tell
so I may post this in sections.

It is good to be home.... but I've got a ton so stuff to get caught up on.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

George Leppla wrote:
Gadget World wrote:
[...]

Welcome home, I am glad you and Becca got home ok!!

I can't wait to see your pictures and your review. Everything I have
read so far is very positive.

sue
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr[_2_]

After seeing the obscene display known as the Oasis of the Seas on GMA last
Friday, I am truly hoping that this is NOT going to be the future of
cruising.
6,000 people in neighborhoods, central park with trees and all, 18 foot deep
pools to dive into, ice skating, 45 ft. climbing walls, surfing.
Just not our cup of tea.

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jr" wrote in message
After seeing the obscene display known as the Oasis of the Seas on GMA
last Friday, I am truly hoping that this is NOT going to be the future of
cruising.
6,000 people in neighborhoods, central park with trees and all, 18 foot
deep pools to dive into, ice skating, 45 ft. climbing walls, surfing.
Just not our cup of tea.

Good... the more people there are who don't want to go, the less demand
there will be.... the more pressure there will be to lower prices for those
of us who want to go.

--Tom

Old November 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Jr wrote On 11/23/2009 8:52 PM:
After seeing the obscene display known as the Oasis of the Seas on GMA last
Friday, I am truly hoping that this is NOT going to be the future of
cruising.
6,000 people in neighborhoods, central park with trees and all, 18 foot deep
pools to dive into, ice skating, 45 ft. climbing walls, surfing.
Just not our cup of tea.

I sort of agree. Why don't they just anchor it off shore in Florida and
call it Oasis Key? It's more like an island than a ship.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
Jr wrote On 11/23/2009 8:52 PM:
After seeing the obscene display known as the Oasis of the Seas
on GMA last Friday, I am truly hoping that this is NOT going to
be the future of cruising.
6,000 people in neighborhoods, central park with trees and all,
18 foot deep pools to dive into, ice skating, 45 ft. climbing
walls, surfing.
Just not our cup of tea.

I sort of agree. Why don't they just anchor it off shore in
Florida and call it Oasis Key? It's more like an island than a
ship.

IMHO, the Oasis looks top heavy, as in Poseidon top heavy.
Perhaps in a big wind, it WILL become Oasis Key?

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken