Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque Trip

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:43 PM
saabdued

Default Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque Trip

Hello. Planning a 5 or so day trip to this area in September or October. Can
anyone recommend sites to see, a good but not too expensive Santa Fe hotel,
and restaurants in the 3 areas. Thanks in advance, Alan

Old June 1st, 2004, 02:39 AM
Auntie Em

Hello. Planning a 5 or so day trip to this area in September or October.
Can
anyone recommend sites to see, a good but not too expensive Santa Fe

hotel,
and restaurants in the 3 areas. Thanks in advance, Alan

Check out the Maria Theresa Restaurant in Albuquerque which is haunted.
(Also a little pricey, so save it for dinner).

Em

Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:15 AM
John Ramsay

saabdued wrote:

Hello. Planning a 5 or so day trip to this area in September or October. Can
anyone recommend sites to see, a good but not too expensive Santa Fe hotel,
and restaurants in the 3 areas. Thanks in advance, Alan

Comfort Inn on Cerrillos is nice. - indoor pool and spa.
Super 8 in Berque is not as nice but clean and cheap and
close to the main hiways.

We stayed at both.

Berque and SF are so close that, if budget
is a consideration, it's cheaper to stay in
Berque and drive to SF.

Petroglyph Monument on outskirts of Berque
is well worth a visit.

We were a bit disappointed with Taos so drove
on to the Rio Grande Gorge.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
PipeSpinner

I have to agree that the town of Taos holds no big appeal if you are not
into art. However, we often go to the Taos Ski Valley to stay in the
summer. It is very beautiful, high altitude, cool, and quiet. I have
stayed in Santa Fe also, but much prefer staying in the ski valley which is
an easy drive to Santa Fe for a day trip. I guess if you have never done
it, you should see the Square in Santa Fe along with the old church. There
are some cliff dwellings north of Santa Fe that were pretty neat to go
through. There is also a scenic circle which goes to Questa, Red River,
Eagles Nest, and back into Taos which is quite pleasant. I don't know
where you are coming from, but you may get lucky and get to see the fall
foliage while at its peak. I would totally blow off Albuquerque. There is
nothing to see or do there, other than take the tram to the top of Sandia
Peak. John Ramsey is also right about the prices in Santa Fe. It became
overpriced when the celebrities started flocking there.
Ruth
www.taosvacationrentals.com
http://www.mediaodyssey.com/ski/lodging.cfm/s0/nm10.htm

Old June 12th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Ian Phillips

Great area.There is a restuaurant in Taos near the pueblo that is called
Micheals ( I thinK?) anyway it has all these different kind of pancakes.
Make sure you drive the back road to Taos.

"Chris the Liberal" wrote in message
om...
"Auntie Em" Auntie wrote in message

.. .
Hello. Planning a 5 or so day trip to this area in September or

October.
Can
anyone recommend sites to see, a good but not too expensive Santa Fe

hotel,
and restaurants in the 3 areas. Thanks in advance, Alan

Check out the Maria Theresa Restaurant in Albuquerque which is

haunted.
(Also a little pricey, so save it for dinner).

Em

I'll second this!!! Excellent restaurant in Old Town.

Old June 12th, 2004, 10:52 PM
WJ

Just south of Taos a ways, on the low road, across the Rio Grande
but right *on* the Rio Grande, is Embudo Station. Nice locale --
great food (at least it was in 2001!)

WJ
Princeton, WV

Ian Phillips wrote:

Great area.There is a restuaurant in Taos near the pueblo that is called
Micheals ( I thinK?) anyway it has all these different kind of pancakes.
Make sure you drive the back road to Taos.

"Chris the Liberal" wrote in message
. com...

. ..

Old June 13th, 2004, 01:16 AM
metchikabool

What kinds of things are you interested in ? Art? Galleries? Museums?
Food? Hiking?

Sept/Oct is, in my opinion, the nicest time here in Santa Fe.

For lodging, check this page:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6...tureHOdom.html

The El Rey Inn, while not particularly close to the Plaza, is a
classic southwestern motel.

The Hotel Santa Fe is reasonable, by Santa Fe standards, and close to
the Plaza.

Dancing Ground of the Sun is a nice B&B with casitas, a short walk to
the Plaza. Prices there are, again by Santa Fe standards, reasonable.

If you really want to economize, there is a Travelodge, Super *,
Holiday Inn, etc, all on Cerillos. TravelLodge is the closest to the
Plaza. Not a luxury place, however.