HOW IS THE CELEBRITY MERCURY?

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:05 AM
Edward Bagnaschi

Default HOW IS THE CELEBRITY MERCURY?

Hi, my husband and i want to go on a relaxing cruise, so i would like
to know if anyone in this group have sailed the Celebrity Mercury to
Alaska before? If you have, please give me the details. How are the
inside cabins? Do you always have to tip? Is there a cost for the
luxury dining? How dressed up do you have to be for it? How cold does
it get once you to Alaska? Let me know all the info, thanks?

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:26 AM
Howie

Edward Bagnaschi wrote:

Hi, my husband and i want to go on a relaxing cruise, so i would like
to know if anyone in this group have sailed the Celebrity Mercury to
Alaska before? If you have, please give me the details. How are the
inside cabins?

Small and dark.

Do you always have to tip?

Never "have to"; always should.

Is there a cost for the
luxury dining?

Yes.

How dressed up do you have to be for it?

There are two formal nights in the dining room. Dudes wear suits (or
tux); chics dress-up.

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
Benjamin Smith

Edward Bagnaschi wrote:
Is there a cost for the
luxury dining?

There is no luxury dining. It's a Century class ship and doesn't have
the specialty restaurant.

How dressed up do you have to be for it?

2 formal, 2 informal. 4 dress days out of 7.

How cold does
it get once you to Alaska?

In the 40s and lower in June in higher elevations. Milder in the souther
areas and lower elevations.

btw, I have no problem with Celebrity's inside cabins or most inside
cabins.

Ben S.

Let me know all the info, thanks?

Old May 3rd, 2004, 02:02 AM
Howie

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Edward Bagnaschi wrote:
Is there a cost for the
luxury dining?

There is no luxury dining. It's a Century class ship and doesn't have
the specialty restaurant.

Correct. Sorry, I forgot (brain shredded from some heavy lifting this
morning).

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
BNelson

I have sailed to Alaska on the Mercury twice and found it to be a nice
comfortable ship.
One problem we did have however was that our inside cabin, 1032 on Penthouse
Deck , had a very
bad wall creaking noise. So much so that we had to change cabins. In fact
the whole ship on that
deck in the vicinity of that cabin creaked.
We have also stayed in 9202 and 9236 on Vista Deck and 4019 on Continental
Deck. All were quiet.

Bryan

Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:21 PM
Mason Barge

On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:05:19 -0700, (Edward
Bagnaschi) wrote:

Hi, my husband and i want to go on a relaxing cruise, so i would like
to know if anyone in this group have sailed the Celebrity Mercury to
Alaska before? If you have, please give me the details. How are the
inside cabins?

They are very large, for an inside cruise cabin, and extremely nice
IMO.

Do you always have to tip?

Yes you really do, unless you just get very bad service. Your waiter
and steward depend on tips for their living. It is really mean not to
tip them.

Is there a cost for the
luxury dining?

It's pretty much all luxury dining. There is only one main dining
room and it is really fancy. But you can eat in the cafeteria if you
don't feel like dressing up.

How dressed up do you have to be for it?

Assuming a 7 day cruise, you will have
2 formal nights, which are formal. Tuxedo or at least a dark suit for
the men, equivalent for women
2 informal nights, which are fairly dressy. About half the men will
wear a tie and men should wear a jacket even if no tie.

How cold does
it get once you to Alaska? Let me know all the info, thanks?

It can get pretty chilly especially in May and September. You really
need to be ready for 40 degrees. But usually you will also get some
sunny days in the high 70's.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Edward Bagnaschi

thanks

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Edward Bagnaschi

thanks

Old May 8th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Jeff Coudriet

When are you sailing? We are sailing on the Mercury on August 20th.
Can't come soon enough!

Jeff