Info needed on Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Adventure in Cozumel and Atlantis Sub

Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
Steven

Default Info needed on Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Adventure in Cozumel and Atlantis Sub

We are considering the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Adventure in Cozumel during
our upcoming RCCL March 06 cruise. Curious if anyone has recently experienced
this excursion and can provide some feedback. The cost is $136.00 per person
and I want to insure that we get our moneys worth. The kids, 13 and 15, are
intersted in the dolphins, but I have heard that there is very little interaction
with them. Wife and I are mainly interested in the snorkel portion, but thought
we could make everyone happy with this selection. Kids have also shown an
interest in the Atlantis Submarine excursion, but we would miss out on the
snorkel oppurtunity. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Jaime A. Cruz, Jr.

Steven wrote:
We are considering the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Adventure in Cozumel during
our upcoming RCCL March 06 cruise. Curious if anyone has recently experienced
this excursion and can provide some feedback. The cost is $136.00 per person
and I want to insure that we get our moneys worth. The kids, 13 and 15, are
intersted in the dolphins, but I have heard that there is very little interaction
with them. Wife and I are mainly interested in the snorkel portion, but thought
we could make everyone happy with this selection. Kids have also shown an
interest in the Atlantis Submarine excursion, but we would miss out on the
snorkel oppurtunity. Thanks in advance for your help.

You will stand on a platform in about waist deep water. The water
itself is quite deep to give the dolphin plenty of room. You don't
actually SWIM with the dolphin, however you do have plenty of
opportunity to interact with the dolphin under the watchful eye of his
handler. We had a great time even though we didn't get to actually SWIM
with him.

If you're into this kind of thing, take a trip to Discovery Cove in
Orlando, FL. It's across the street from Sea World and it was one of
the best experiences I've ever had in this regard. The most fascinating
part for me wasn't the dolphin encounter but the HUGE aviary! That
really has to be seen to be appreciated.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary
Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
imgame

The sub is a short ride out under the water there and in my opinion was not
worth the price. You see very little compared to the snorkel ect. The ride
is decent and the viewing windows ok. They mostly show you more of the ocean
floor then extended rare creatures. No hands on at all of course. The kids
would enjoy the dolphin swim much more... At least there is interaction and
of course the ever expensive photo to go with it

---

Old February 4th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Da Parrot-chick

Steven, before you book this tour, you'd do well to read this first:

http://tinyurl.com/2p4rq

This website give facts about the swim with dolphin programs. I have seen
two of these outfits up close and personal, and can attest that this website
speaks the truth.

Old February 4th, 2004, 02:07 AM
imgame

Hmm I didn't see him post about save the dolphins.. he wanted to know about
which his kids would enjoy more..

Perhaps your web site might change his mind, but I doubt it..

I say go for it Steve and let the kids play! Enjoy the creatures.. up close
and personal once in a lifetime adventure for you and kids..

---

Old February 4th, 2004, 04:24 AM
ChiliJim

And now that we've heard from the local PETA rep, I'd say Steve, go
for it!

Old February 4th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Cruising Chrissy

wrote:

This website give facts about the swim with dolphin programs. I have seen
two of these outfits up close and personal, and can attest that this website
speaks the truth.

For lunch, Skippy, I am having raw dolphin snouts. If you saw me
eating them, you'd drop dead on sight.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 4th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Da Parrot-chick

"imgame" wrote in message
Hmm I didn't see him post about save the dolphins.. he wanted to know

about
which his kids would enjoy more..

His kids would enjoy seeing the animals in their natural environment a lot
better. They all might come away with more respect for free creatures than
those swimming in circles all day long.

Perhaps your web site might change his mind, but I doubt it..

We'll see.

I say go for it Steve and let the kids play! Enjoy the creatures.. up

close
and personal once in a lifetime adventure for you and kids..

It's not a once-in-a-lifetime experience. He can go anytime he has the $$.
And it's no adventure at all--what's adventurous about paying a lotta money
to go sit in a pool?