Cashing Traveler's Checks in Holiday Inn Express

Old April 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Cashing Traveler's Checks in Holiday Inn Express

Greetings! I shall be staying in Holiday Inn Express motels in Paris
and in Rome and in London. I shall be paying most of my bills through
American Express card. Can one cash travelers checks at Holiday Inn
Express Motels in Europe? Does any one have any experience with cashing
travelers' check at Holiday Inns? One can cash checks at USA Holiday
Inns. With thanks.

Old April 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Honestly, in this day and age I see travelers checks as being a bit outdated
and difficult. You can use any European ATM to get money, just like you
would in America. This way, you never have to worry about cashing travelers
checks - just stop by an ATM.

Corey Hannum

ups.com...

Old April 27th, 2006, 07:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"qwert2b" wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings! I shall be staying in Holiday Inn Express motels in Paris
and in Rome and in London. I shall be paying most of my bills through
American Express card. Can one cash travelers checks at Holiday Inn
Express Motels in Europe? Does any one have any experience with cashing
travelers' check at Holiday Inns? One can cash checks at USA Holiday
Inns. With thanks.

If they are denominated in Euros, they should be accepted at face value. If
in any other currency you will get a poor rate of exchange for them.

JohnT

Old April 28th, 2006, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

qwert2b wrote:
Greetings! I shall be staying in Holiday Inn Express motels in
Paris and in Rome and in London. I shall be paying most of my
bills through American Express card. Can one cash travelers
checks at Holiday Inn Express Motels in Europe? Does any one
have any experience with cashing travelers' check at Holiday
Inns? One can cash checks at USA Holiday Inns. With thanks.

Its unlikely that you will have any difficulty with that at an HI hotel.
However, if they are not in the local currency, you will get the
absolute worst rate of exchange. You might consider getting them
denominated in Euros and Pounds. But as others point out, they
are considered a relic of the past, as using debit or ATM cards
are so much more convenient. =R=

Old May 1st, 2006, 10:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Runge is stalking again. But Georges told us all.