Toiletry kit

Old April 18th, 2007, 12:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
The Reid

Default Toiletry kit

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:19:49 -0800, Steve wrote:

I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

I just some run of the mill bag, its just a matter of keeping the
amount of stuff down, electric toothbrush is the biggest thing in
mine. It used to be hairbrush till I got a collapsible one.
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 18 apr, 13:35, The Reid wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:19:49 -0800, Steve wrote:
I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

I just some run of the mill bag, its just a matter of keeping the
amount of stuff down, electric toothbrush is the biggest thing in
mine. It used to be hairbrush till I got a collapsible one.

Used to be a hairbrush when I had hair to brush !!

B;

p.s. anyone got any good ideas for using the little toilet bags that
airlines give you?

Old April 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Steve[_12_]

I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

--

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

....Groucho Marx
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan

Steve wrote:
I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

Don't use one at all any more. Just bung the things in the case
separately. Anything likely to leak, like shampoo, just put them in
individual plastic bags.
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:00:13 +0100, Mike O'Sullivan
wrote:

Steve wrote:
I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

Don't use one at all any more. Just bung the things in the case
separately. Anything likely to leak, like shampoo, just put them in
individual plastic bags.

If you're flying these days, the plastic bag is mandatory for liquids,
gels, and semiliquid things like toothpaste.

I recently flew out of Indianapolis, where a helpful agent was handing
out plastic bags to people who had forgotten or were clueless. This
was also the first time I've gone through that machine that puffs air
at you to discover plastic explosives you might have neglected to
leave at home.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

wrote:

Steve wrote:
I use one of those nylon zip-up shaving kit bags, but always seem to
have trouble packing that big lump, especially since it usually goes
in toward the end, with last-minute stuff. Do you have a toiletry kit
you really like, that's easy to pack?

Don't use one at all any more. Just bung the things in the case
separately. Anything likely to leak, like shampoo, just put them in
individual plastic bags.

I like to keep all that stuff together somehow. If not, the nail
clippers end up getting lost somewhere and I find them after I get
home.

I always pack the pajamas and the toiletries bag last. That way, I can
find them immediately when I arrive and leave the heavy unpacking to
the next day.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Following up to B :

Don't use one at all any more. Just bung the things in the case
separately. Anything likely to leak, like shampoo, just put them in
individual plastic bags.

If you're flying these days, the plastic bag is mandatory for liquids,
gels, and semiliquid things like toothpaste.

only in hand luggage.
--
Tim C.
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

B Vaughan wrote:
If you're flying these days, the plastic bag is mandatory for liquids,
gels, and semiliquid things like toothpaste.

I can attest to the fact they won't allow a tube of toothpaste. Nothing
over three ounces. They threw out our toothpaste from our carry on bag
- even in its clear plastic bag.

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
Sawyer's Nicknames http://tinyurl.com/gowma
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Magda wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:02:39 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... B Vaughan wrote:
... ...
... If you're flying these days, the plastic bag is mandatory for liquids,
... gels, and semiliquid things like toothpaste.
... I can attest to the fact they won't allow a tube of toothpaste. Nothing
... over three ounces. They threw out our toothpaste from our carry on bag
... - even in its clear plastic bag.

In Europe??

Sorry I didn't realize this was a cross-posted thread. In the USA.

Old April 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
sLuGhUnTeR

On Apr 19, 12:22 pm, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
wrote:
Magda wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:02:39 -0400, in rec.travel.europe, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... B Vaughan wrote:
... ...
... If you're flying these days, the plastic bag is mandatory for liquids,
... gels, and semiliquid things like toothpaste.
... I can attest to the fact they won't allow a tube of toothpaste. Nothing
... over three ounces. They threw out our toothpaste from our carry on bag
... - even in its clear plastic bag.

In Europe??

Sorry I didn't realize this was a cross-posted thread. In the USA.

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
Sawyer's Nicknames http://tinyurl.com/gowma

and nutella in Spain