Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy.

Old August 5th, 2004, 08:50 PM
clint

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy - Here'sHow...

The cow and I never tip! You'll never see these "3rd worlders" again!
"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
Rosalie B. wrote:

If you really think that a waiter or room steward would not appreciate
a small amount extra, then I won't bother.

Rosalie,

My husband and I always tip a small amount extra when we've gotten good
service and have automatic tipping. Not huge but a little. I ususally
give it to the server directly (that is the way ship tipping was set up)

and
I say something like "I know our tips have been automatically taken out,

but
I wanted you to have something extra for your wonderful service."

The recipient seems pleased. I don't think they think of us as

cheapskates.

--
Julie
**********

Old August 5th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Zegarskis

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy -

, stated:

I was just looking at one of my HAL bar receipts from last
March. ...There is no tip added to the bill -- hidden or otherwise.
..Jon

Hi Jon,

That would be correct. Up until HAL introduced their "new/revised" tipping
policy, they did not add gratuities to bar bills. Their "old" policy was
"tipping not required". Times change.

Ray in NH

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all

Old August 5th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
Hi Jean,

I think you said your Westerdam cruise was your first on HAL. They had

just
instigated the new tipping recommendations at that time.
That is precicely why HAL changed their recommendations tipping.

Thanks, Tobie, I realize now how it was being done before our May and July
HAL cruises. Think it is better this way...It is more fair and you can
always tip your favorite bartender extra at the end of the cruise...if you
ever get to have a favorite one with so many bars on ships these days! ;-)

How is Jake doing? I assume he is holding his own or we would have heard
from you...That's great as the critical 24 hours have passed, have they not?

--Jean