Ecclestone: Europe to be 'third world' in 10 years

Old January 8th, 2004, 07:20 PM
laurent

Default Ecclestone: Europe to be 'third world' in 10 years

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=67062

Ecclestone, group principal of Formula One (F1), continued: 'Our
sponsors want us in growing markets - and Europe isn't a growing
market. He said: 'As I see it, Europe will be part of the third world
in ten years.'

Asia and America, on the other hand, will be dominating the world, he
added. 'We must be established there,' said Ecclestone, who will - for
the first time ever - take his circus to the Middle East (Bahrain) and
China this season.
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Ksu93dlv

For the love of god, this is not a newsgroup about Europe, it's a newsgroup
about European travel. This is nothing more than a troll to antagonize European
participants of this newsgroup. Please just killfile it and don't feed the
troll.
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Bob Fusillo

This morning's financial news suggested-- in not at all couched terms, that
there is very grave and real danger that the U.S. will bankrupt in a decade.
The hope now is that it won't pull down too much of the world with it.
Americans are convinced that their country is infinitely rich -- but it
isn't.
rjf

om...

Old January 9th, 2004, 01:25 PM

"nick" writes:

**** him and F1.

Quite. I look forward to Ecclestone's emigration to Asia.

--
-- Chris.
Old January 9th, 2004, 07:09 PM
P J Wallace

Not for his primary sponsors' product (tobacco), certainly. Anywhere
that is a growing market for them must expect a lot of dying too.

PJW