Problems with Park West Gallery

Old December 24th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Hank

Default Problems with Park West Gallery

On the cruise ships there are art auctions.
I am looking for others who had a bad experience with Park West Gallery.
Thanks for your help!

Old December 24th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Hank wrote:

On the cruise ships there are art auctions.
I am looking for others who had a bad experience with Park West Gallery.
Thanks for your help!

What kind of bad experience did you have? Then maybe some one can help you.

sue

Old December 24th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Stuck in Central Florida

We found Park West to be over priced and slow to delivery the product. The
over price is our fault for buying, slow delivery is a pain.

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

CupCaked aka CupCaked wrote:

"Hank" wrote:

I am looking for others who had a bad experience with Park West Gallery.

If you had a problem yourself, maybe you can post about it so new (and
old) cruisers won't get taken, too. This is a place to share
information, as well as ask questions.

When I asked what his problem was, he emailed me to see if I also had a
bad experience. I agree that this is the place to share information, if
he has a legit problem.

sue

Old December 24th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Susette405

on the last cruise someone told me they were having financial problems DO not
know if this is gospel or not cause i do not partake in these i find it
overpriced for a poster in alot of cases..
I was told that since cruise prices have been lowered the clientele has
changed. there is nto as much of the higher end clientele on board that are
interested in this. but have to ay there was a number of folks at the auction..
guess they wanted the free champagne Yuck..

Sue
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old December 24th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Jack Edmunds

Do they really auction posters?

--
Remove NoSpam for e-mail

Old February 14th, 2004, 07:18 PM
lifttrucklouie

My wife and I purchased 3 pieces from Park West in Dec/03 on Celebrity Cruise Lines. The first 2 arrived in 3 weeks, the 3rd never showed up. Seven calls to Park West, 3 times we were told it was backordered and would be sent out asap, 4 times we never recieved a response. 02/14 we recieved a call telling us the piece is not available with no real reason. No offers of replacment, just a refund on our card in approx SIXTY days. Other posters are correct in knowing what you are buying and ok if you like it, as long as you actually recieve it. Only way I would buy from them again is if I take then.

Old February 14th, 2004, 07:18 PM
lifttrucklouie

Old February 15th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Steve Hennessey

Having experienced both Park West and Princess art auctions, I'm in no
doubt that Princess offers a superior product at better prices.

Princess prices tend to be more inclusive, framing services superb,
and pricing very reasonable. Shipping costs are minimal, and the
buyer's premium is 10% (as opposed to Park West's 15%).

Delivery of the art I purchased through Princess was staggered. Some
pieces arrived quickly, whilst others were delayed beyond the typical
6 week estimation. However, we did receive everything we ordered, it
all arrived framed (per specification) and in excellent condition.

When I contacted Princess regarding 'late' items, I received courteous
service, and honest, accurate information.

Steve.

Old February 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM
synwave

I sailed on the Carnival Glory last month, and was told that Carnival is no
longer using Park West.
Since taking over Princess, Carnival are doing their own auctions with the
help from the people from Princess.
This makes Carnival the biggest "At Sea Art Auction" in the world.