Alaskan Excursions

Old March 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM
mrtractor

Default Alaskan Excursions

Planning a 7 day round trip in late July to Alaska. NCL Sun. Interested in
dog sledding, bear watching, whale watching, salmon fishing and sight seeing
in Seattle. Here is the itinerary.

1 Seattle 4:00 PM
2 Cruising Inside Passage
3 Juneau 1:00 PM 10:00 PM
4 Skagway 7:00 AM 9:00 PM
5 Cruising Glacier Bay
6 Ketchikan 6:00 AM 12:30 PM
7 Victoria 7:00 PM 11:30 PM
8 Seattle 7:00 AM

Looking for advice on the who, what, when where and hows of excursions. What
port for each activity, who is the best operator for each, how will these
activities be that particular time of year, etc.

I lay this before the brilliant and experienced RTCers out there and offer
my deepest appreciation in advance of your intelligent and well spoken

(In other words, please, no trolls and don't tell me what I can't do. HA!)

MrTractor

Old March 28th, 2004, 05:37 PM
WhansaMi

Looking for advice on the who, what, when where and hows of excursions. What
port for each activity, who is the best operator for each, how will these
activities be that particular time of year, etc

We are going in July as well, and we've already booked with Capt. Larry of Orca
Enterprises in Juneau for whale-watching. He came VERY highly recommended and
we've talked to both him personally and the office staff, and they seem like
very nice people to work with.

Sheila
Old March 28th, 2004, 08:09 PM
sheree

Juneau: capt larry whale watching
Skagway: you can do dog sledding on wheels (frontier excursions) or can do
glacier landing/sledding; we're renting a car and driving to emerald lake
Ketchikan: you're only there a short time, maybe the lumberjack show or a
fishing trip

--
Sheree

Old March 28th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Murray Lundberg

The undisputed best place to get information on Alaska excursions now is the
Alaska forum at CruiseCritic -
http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...44&f=268097554
You'll find an enormous amount of information about the possibilities just
by reading posts from the past week. I respond there as "Yukon".

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:33 PM
larry

"mrtractor" wrote in message
[...]

Of course Pikes market in Seattle, but I am sure you know about this one..
we spent a day in the area.

Old March 29th, 2004, 06:08 PM
mrtractor

Oooops! I mistakenly typed Sun when I meant Star. The itinerary is right.
Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks, Larry, for the White Pass tip. I really don't know anything about
Pikes Market. What is there?

MrT