petrol naik rm2.70

Old June 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
i-charge

Default petrol naik rm2.70

Dear Member

Petrol RM2.70 per litre .

Rate lama : RM1.92 per litre. ( 26 liter X RM1.92 = RM49.92 )

Rate Baru : RM2.70 per liter. ( 26 liter X RM2.70 = RM70.20 )

Perbezaan antara rate baru dan rate lama ialah : RM 70.20 – RM49.92

RM
20.28
BAGI SETIAP 26 PER LITRE .
Sekarang guna lah i-charge boleh save petrol kenderaan anda.

http://i-charge.net/nathan/

Old June 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

In article
,
i-charge wrote:

Dear Member

Petrol RM2.70 per litre .

Rate lama : RM1.92 per litre. ( 26 liter X RM1.92 = RM49.92 )

Rate Baru : RM2.70 per liter. ( 26 liter X RM2.70 = RM70.20 )

Perbezaan antara rate baru dan rate lama ialah : RM 70.20 * RM49.92

RM
20.28
BAGI SETIAP 26 PER LITRE .
Sekarang guna lah i-charge boleh save petrol kenderaan anda.

http://i-charge.net/nathan/

The longer it's subsidized, the harder and faster Malaysia's economy is
going to collapse.

--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
]...
In article
,
i-charge wrote:

Dear Member

Petrol RM2.70 per litre .

Rate lama : RM1.92 per litre. ( 26 liter X RM1.92 = RM49.92 )

Rate Baru : RM2.70 per liter. ( 26 liter X RM2.70 = RM70.20 )

Perbezaan antara rate baru dan rate lama ialah : RM 70.20 * RM49.92

RM
20.28
BAGI SETIAP 26 PER LITRE .
Sekarang guna lah i-charge boleh save petrol kenderaan anda.

http://i-charge.net/nathan/

The longer it's subsidized, the harder and faster Malaysia's economy is
going to collapse.

Welcome back, Miguel - been anywhere interesting? I was surprised to learn
that petrol in India is more expensive than in the U.S. And, yes, it's
subsidised here too.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

"grusl" wrote:
Welcome back, Miguel - been anywhere interesting?

I forgot when I last posted here. Late in 2007 I spend a few weeks in
Lebanon/Syria/Jordan/Israel, an excellent trip.

I'd planned on meeting my friend in Syria, but I couldn't get a visa
because Syrian embassies only want to deal with people who are living in
their own countries. So I flew to Beirut, spent a few days there, and
took a taxi to the border.

Beirut was interesting but the unease of the place is pervasive.
Understandably.

Crossing the border into Syria without a visa turned out to be a piece
of cake.

Damascus was a delight.

Amman is an ugly place, but we made some great Jordanian friends in just
a few short days, which really changed the experience.

Petra was spectacular. The Arabian desert also. Aqaba is chintzy but
fun.

Getting in and out of Israel was, as always, a major nuisance, but well
worth it for the historical treasures within.

In the meantime, these newsgroups seem more full of spam than ever. It's
a shame, between the spam and the shrill flaming there's not much left
of what used to be. Has everyone fled to the slow web forums?

--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"grusl" wrote:
Welcome back, Miguel - been anywhere interesting?

I forgot when I last posted here. Late in 2007 I spend a few weeks in
Lebanon/Syria/Jordan/Israel, an excellent trip.

I'd planned on meeting my friend in Syria, but I couldn't get a visa
because Syrian embassies only want to deal with people who are living in
their own countries. So I flew to Beirut, spent a few days there, and
took a taxi to the border.

Beirut was interesting but the unease of the place is pervasive.
Understandably.

Crossing the border into Syria without a visa turned out to be a piece
of cake.

I got a visa at the border, too. It was mayhem as they had eight counters
for Syrians, a counter for other Arabs, and a counter for foreigners. As the
entire expatriate population of Lebanon and a bazillion people of Lebanese
descent with foreign passports descended, did they open another window for
foreigners ... noooooooooo!

It was one of those problems I just threw money at, given the circumstances.
As it was a work trip I was reimbursed, anyway.

Damascus was a delight.

Amman is an ugly place, but we made some great Jordanian friends in just
a few short days, which really changed the experience. Petra was
spectacular. The Arabian desert also. Aqaba is chintzy but
fun.

Jordan and Israel are on my list, while I'm in (more or less) this part of
the world.

In the meantime, these newsgroups seem more full of spam than ever. It's
a shame, between the spam and the shrill flaming there's not much left
of what used to be. Has everyone fled to the slow web forums?

Inevitable, given the public nature of Usenet. Of coursethe people who
complain most about what's posted are often the worst offenders when it
comes to trolling and ... well ... the popular term I've discovered for it
in another forum is "****posting".

Filters still work fine, though, for most spam.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

"grusl" wrote:
I got a visa at the border, too. It was mayhem as they had eight counters
for Syrians, a counter for other Arabs, and a counter for foreigners. As the
entire expatriate population of Lebanon and a bazillion people of Lebanese
descent with foreign passports descended, did they open another window for
foreigners ... noooooooooo!

Now I feel pretty lucky - or my timing was good. They took me into the
director's office, where I sat down for a few minutes to answer some
questions. Then they took me over to the cafe next door, and came to get
me when my passport was stamped. $16 for the whole thing.

--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article ], Miguel Cruz says...

In the meantime, these newsgroups seem more full of spam than ever. It's
a shame, between the spam and the shrill flaming there's not much left
of what used to be.

Just filter out all Google Groups posts.
--

Alfred Molon
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article ], Miguel Cruz says...

Getting in and out of Israel was, as always, a major nuisance, but well
worth it for the historical treasures within.

What was the procedure to get into and out of Israel and why was it a
major nuisance?
--

Alfred Molon
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ], Miguel Cruz says...
Getting in and out of Israel was, as always, a major nuisance, but
well worth it for the historical treasures within.

What was the procedure to get into and out of Israel and why was it a
major nuisance?

Part of the problem is that I've traveled there in the past to do some
work for the Palestinian Authority (the statistics bureau, not exactly a
hive of troublemakers). That seems to have left an indelible mark in my
file, and every time I'm trying to get in, I have to sit through hours
of really boring interrogation.

I'd also just been in Lebanon and Syria in the weeks prior. And I
insisted on not getting my passport stamped. I suppose it all adds up.

This time I entered by bus from Jordan over the Allenby bridge, which
was a bit more relaxed than flying in, but still not particularly fun.
They always let me in eventually, and I never make any trouble - I don't
understand why nobody bothers to put THAT in my file.

For a western tourist without stamps from middle eastern countries, it's
probably not such a big deal.

miguel
--
Photos from all 45 countries on 5 continents:
http://www.cultureshocktherapy.com
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
]...
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ], Miguel Cruz says...
[...]

I went to Guam in January and was selected for special screening for the
first time. It wasn't a huge deal - being Agana airport, the staff
outnumbered the passengers - but I did wonder. I go to the US every two
years and used to live there. I didn't ask for fear that would raise even
more red flags but I do notice now that there's an awful lot of Arabic
stamps in my passport.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore