MIA and FLL

Old February 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default MIA and FLL

Friends of mine are going to be leaving the area tomorrow post SB. They
have tickets already, but are concerned if there might be problems from
left over weekend cruisers from the Midwest and West Coast and all the
hooha with the Storm. I told them to hold on to the tickets for dear
life, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure what might be left over
from last weekend.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
TaTa

On Feb 8, 1:47*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Friends of mine are going to be leaving the area tomorrow post SB. They
have tickets already, but are concerned if there might be problems from
left over weekend cruisers from the Midwest and West Coast and all the
hooha with the Storm. I told them to hold on to the tickets for dear
life, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure what might be left over
from last weekend.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
* * * --Eric Clapton

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you inquiring about
flights or cruises?

If they already have their plane ticket, and they check in during the
time period stipulated, they can't lose their seats. Others, whose
flights were cancelled this past weekend, are subject to availability,
not those who already have tickets for that flight.

Old February 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

TaTa consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/8/2010 7:59 PM:
On Feb 8, 1:47 pm, Kurt wrote:

[...]

But if they plan to fly on this coming Wednesday the weather voodoo
doctors are foreseeing more doom in the form of one mutha of a snow
storm. Since those of us in the NYC area and other spots north have
been lulled into complacency things could get really wiggy in the next
few days.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

TaTa wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:47 pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Friends of mine are going to be leaving the area tomorrow post SB. They have tickets already, but are concerned if there might be problems from left over weekend cruisers from the Midwest and West Coast and all the hooha with the Storm. I told them to hold on to the tickets for dear life, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure what might be left over from last weekend.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you inquiring about
flights or cruises?

If they already have their plane ticket, and they check in during the
time period stipulated, they can't lose their seats. Others, whose
flights were cancelled this past weekend, are subject to availability,
not those who already have tickets for that flight.

A large group of us were cruising out of Miami and we were spending 2
nights in a hotel before the cruise. We arrived at the hotel at
different times and some of us were able to get rooms, the others were
denied rooms (we had reservations), because people who were staying in
the hotel would not leave because their flights to the NY/NJ area were
canceled because of storms.

Is this what the OP was asking about? I am not sure.

Becca
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article , Becca
wrote:

Is this what the OP was asking about? I am not sure.

Becca

I was just wondering if the back up from the other day would impact on
them because of the extra hordes. It appears not since they have
confirmed tickets. The new wrinkle is that it looks like the may join
the Great Unwashed because today's flight is hanging by a thread. Told
them it may be easier to rent a car and drive back to Indy.

Old February 9th, 2010, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Becca" wrote in message
TaTa wrote:
[...]

Hi Becca,

I'm sure there is law on the subject, but memory tells me hotel guests can't
be evicted if they chose to overstay. Are you or George, or other readers,
up on the current laws? I would think this situation would arise often.

Harry Cooper

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Feb 9, 2:22�pm, "Seehorse Video" wrote:
"Becca" wrote in message

TaTa wrote:
[...]

Harry Cooper- Hide quoted text -

While it has been decades since I worked for Marriott, I seem to
recall that we could not evict a guest if they were sick. That was
about it. No exceptions.

I remember staying at a Marriott about 5 years ago, as my Mom and &
were staying (inland) there during a Hurricane. The GM was at the
desk saying (screaming) "No Extensions" !.

We got an extension, as my Mom was in a wheelchair and our home was
without power... there is Always an exception to the rule.

But point in fact.. read your contract... You signed up for date X
to date X, after that you are subject to being thrown Out.... if they
need the room.. If there are rooms, prevailing rates (may) kick in..
May be the dreded "Rack Rates".

Stephen in FLL

Old February 10th, 2010, 05:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 02:36:32 -0500, Brian K
wrote:

But if they plan to fly on this coming Wednesday the weather voodoo
doctors are foreseeing more doom in the form of one mutha of a snow
storm. Since those of us in the NYC area and other spots north have
been lulled into complacency things could get really wiggy in the next
few days.

We were flying from BWI to FLL tomorrow morning on Southwest. I kept
checking their website and they eventually came up with a statement
that flights could be re-booked. Ours hadn't been cancelled yet but I
knew it would be. We were offered Thursday morning but we felt those
flights wouldn't go and we were correct. There were no Friday flights
available because this is a holiday weekend and so we are going Sat.
We are staying in a hotel and obviously someone on a cruise doesn't
have that flexibility.
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:22:31 -0500, "Seehorse Video"
wrote:

Hi Becca,

I'm sure there is law on the subject, but memory tells me hotel guests can't
be evicted if they chose to overstay. Are you or George, or other readers,
up on the current laws? I would think this situation would arise often.

Harry Cooper

It may vary by state. I remember years ago that we, or our in-laws (I
can't remember which) couldn't get into our room at a 5 diamond
resort. The person there, who was a travel agent, refused to leave and
the hotel couldn't force her. I don't remember if they eventually
persuaded her to leave or if another room opened up.
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 2/9/2010 7:46 PM, wrote:
On Feb 9, 2:22�pm, "Seehorse wrote:

I'm sure there is law on the subject, but memory tells me hotel guests can't
be evicted if they chose to overstay. �Are you or George, or other readers,
up on the current laws? �I would think this situation would arise often.

While it has been decades since I worked for Marriott, I seem to
recall that we could not evict a guest if they were sick. That was
about it. No exceptions.

I had a Priceline reservation (at an excellent price) at a Hilton near
my son's school for parent's weekend last October. A week before we were
to arrive, I got a call from Priceline saying that we were being bumped
from the hotel because they were overbooked. I had booked it in July. I
found that all of the other parents who had booked through Priceline
were also bumped, and the hotel claimed that they bumped people who had
booked through them as well. Apparently they had a large group of
foreigners and they had decided to extend their stay, and the hotel
claimed they could not evict them. As it was parent's weekend, there
were no comparable hotel rooms available so they moved us to a Quality
Inn that was 10 minutes away and 1* less in quality (2* vs 3* for the
Hilton). The best that PL would do when I complained was offer a $10/day
coupon for a future stay. The Hilton didn't offer any compensation.

Bill