Webtv to computer

Old December 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Shirley Politz

Default Webtv to computer

Our children gave us a new computer for our anniversary. Until now we
have only had Webtv. Will I be able to get this site on the computer?
How? Thank you.

Old December 9th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:22:59 -0500, Shirley Politz wrote:

Our children gave us a new computer for our anniversary. Until now we
have only had Webtv. Will I be able to get this site on the computer?
How? Thank you.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.travel.cruises

or news.individual.net sign up for a free access. Use www.forteinc.com
Free Agent to access rec.travel.cruises

Old December 9th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Plasma

With your new computer you will probably subscribe to Internet service
through a different provider. That provider should provide access to
"newsgroups". You would then program rec.travel.cruises into a program like
Outlook Express on the new computer. If, for some reason, you prefer to see
messages on a web page, you can take any internet web connection and browse
to: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.travel.cruises

Old December 9th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:39:58 GMT, Plasma wrote:

With your new computer you will probably subscribe to Internet service
through a different provider. That provider should provide access to
"newsgroups".

These are usually pretty bad since they are outsourced by the ISP.
BellSouth who ought to have their act together is absolutely in unusable.

Old December 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Tranquility

Hi Shirley,
Yes, you will still be able to access this group. One way will be thru
www.Google.com/ Groups - then finding rec-travel-cruises. Once you
establish an internet service provider, check with them on the settings you
need to put into a reader program, like Outlook Express or Outlook.

Have fun with the learning curve!!
Brian

Old December 9th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Fred

"Shirley Politz" wrote in message
Our children gave us a new computer for our anniversary. Until now we
have only had Webtv. Will I be able to get this site on the computer?
How? Thank you.

Well now Shirley, if you have cable you can switch all your services, phone
TV internet, to them for a discount and super fast internet service. It's
the only way to fly.