camping Zambia/Botswana

Old June 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM
emmo1

Default camping Zambia/Botswana

I'm now planning a self organised trip to Zambia from RSA trough Botswana.
In Zambia, especially Kafue NP and South Luangwa NP area I'm trying to find
campsites, possibly in lodges and privates places.
Is there somebody who can tell me good advices
Rough camping is permitted in this country ?
Thanks for any help
EM

Old June 15th, 2005, 05:42 PM

Hi
Please e mail me at

and I will help you to organise your trip
Annya

Old June 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Philip

emmo1 wrote:

I'm now planning a self organised trip to Zambia from RSA trough Botswana.
In Zambia, especially Kafue NP and South Luangwa NP area I'm trying to find
campsites, possibly in lodges and privates places.
Is there somebody who can tell me good advices
Rough camping is permitted in this country ?
Thanks for any help
EM

Hi Emmo,

I assume you will go into Botswana via Martins Drift?

If so, there is a campsite just inside the border near Sherwood, another
at Palahapye just up the road. Then if you are not going too fast,
there is good camping at Nata. Camping near Francistown is not a good idea.
I don't have a reacord to hand of these camp sites, but if you did a
search of say camping +sherwoood etc. you will soon find them

Philip