Zion or Bryce?

Old March 31st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Heather Morrison

Default Zion or Bryce?

In late May/early June we will be driving from the North Rim of the Grand
Canyon over to Las Vegas. We have one day and wanted to make the most of it.
Should we spend any time we have in Bryce Canyon or Zion? If so ...which
one? We were headed towards Zion. We don't have time to add and extra day.

We will already have driving from Vegas to the South Rim...over to the North
Rim and seen Monument Valley etc.

thanks for any help...

toodles

HeatherM

Old March 31st, 2004, 12:54 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Heather Morrison" wrote in message
In late May/early June we will be driving from the North Rim of the Grand
Canyon over to Las Vegas. We have one day and wanted to make the most of

it.
Should we spend any time we have in Bryce Canyon or Zion? If so ...which
one? We were headed towards Zion. We don't have time to add and extra day.

Personally I prefer Zion NP but its very subjective.

Keith

Old March 31st, 2004, 02:18 PM
User 1.nospam

Bryce gets my vote...very unique place....or do both...if you are short on
time, drop the trip to the North Rim.

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:01 PM
Rqf

I prefer Bryce but Zion requires less driving so I would opt for
Zion since it allows for more time in the park.
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:42 PM
Ken

"Heather Morrison" wrote in
:
In late May/early June we will be driving from the North Rim of the
Grand Canyon over to Las Vegas. We have one day and wanted to make the
most of it. Should we spend any time we have in Bryce Canyon or Zion?

If you like hiking, go to Zion and hike the Narrows canyon. You won't regret
it, but the hike will take some time and energy.

If you're more of the couch potato type, go to Bryce. The Bryce views from
the parking lot are better than the Zion parking lot views. There are also
lots of scenic very short hikes in Bryce, while the best hikes in Zion will
take more time.
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:31 PM
adjgiulio

"Heather Morrison" wrote in message
In late May/early June we will be driving from the North Rim of the Grand
Canyon over to Las Vegas. We have one day and wanted to make the most of

it.
Should we spend any time we have in Bryce Canyon or Zion? If so ...which
one? We were headed towards Zion. We don't have time to add and extra day.

I prefere much more Zion but this is a park that requires time to be
explored and to get the best from it. If you only have a day, I would choose
Bryce. In one day you can enjoy sunset and sunrise (both amazing), browse
all the view points and take a hike (I suggets the Navajo Loop or the Queens
Garde/Navajo Loop combination).

Have fun

Giulio

Old March 31st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Heather Morrison

Well thanks everyone for your insite. We are still looking at our route and
time frame to see what we can manage. There was lots of good information
gathered here.

Our journey starts in both Copenhagen, Denmark and Halifax, Nova Scotia,
Canada. My Danish partner and I are meeting in San Diego for a conference
at the end of May. We are vactioning after the conference and are planning a
route that will have us driving up to Kings Canyon, Sequoia Nat'l Parks then
over to Las Vegas (taking in Blue Man Group) then off to the South Rim. From
the south rim we home to go to Monument Valley then up to the North
Rim...and from the North Rim make our way back to Las Vegas via Zion
...or/and Bryce. From Las Vegas to San Diego where we catch flights back to
Canada.

We always jam a lot of things on the agenda...but take our trips with a
grain of salt so to speak. We head out...and amble through the day just
making sure we make our destinations at a reasonable time. So having a list
of options for rerouting or stopping off points is always great. We never
get to see everything on our lists...but we have a lot of fun trying..and
sometimes we just go to one place..love it ..and stay there. It's all on a
whim so to speak.

So thanks for all your help!

toodles

HeatherM

Old March 31st, 2004, 10:13 PM
Julie

[...]

I think Bryce is the more spectacular but if you have time have a quick look
at both. They are so different.

Julie
Melbourne, Australia