hotel in KL

Old November 14th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Elaine

Default hotel in KL

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Don wrote:
The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

It's sort of the other way around.

The Petronas Towers Skybridge is free but they only let you stay a few
minutes.

KL Tower requires a paid ticket but you can stay as long as you please.

I've heard you get better views from the KL Tower though, is that right?

Elaine

Old November 14th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Elaine

"Don" wrote in message
u...

It is a classy place. If you are interested I have taken a few pics of
the interior ...

http://digiscan.members.easyspace.co...ia%20hotel.htm

Impressive lobby - I especially like the look of the atrium bit with the big
palm trees. Where were all the people though? Were you the only guest?

Any tips for places
to eat, things to see in the immediate area?

Not much in the immediate area (that I know of). Although it's pretty
easy to get around, either via cab or rail.

If you want a nice view and flashy then go to the revolving place atop
the KL Comms Tower. It's one of those "must do once" things. Otherwise I
stick to the more authentic (aka cheap) places.

Me too!

For example if you go
past say an Indian place and there are lots of Indians eating there then
I consider that a good recommendation.

Same all over the world!

The night markets at Petaling st are a must. Just be prepared to be
constantly badgered to buy. You can ususally get a reasonable bargain
though. Watching them set up the markets is amazing in itself. Be there
at about 4-4:30pm and watch the street transformed. Amazing.

The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

Another one for my KL folder. Thanks!

Elaine

Old November 14th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Elaine

"Jan" wrote in message

Lunch or dinner at: Dragon View 81 Jalan Alor off Bukit Bintang
Lunch for 6 with Beer was Rm 136

Wow, that's only about £3.50 a head. Was it good?

The Coliseum Cafe 100 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman -- great fun

I've just found a few recommendations for that one on Google - sounds fun.
Thanks for the suggestions - I've pasted them in my KL folder.

Elaine

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Miguel Cruz

Elaine wrote:
I've heard you get better views from the KL Tower though, is that right?

I'd say so. In KL tower you are higher off the ground, it's a 360-degree
view, and you can see all the areas of the city that are obscured by Bukit
Nanas from the Petronas vantage.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Jan

Elaine wrote:
"Jan" wrote in message

Lunch or dinner at: Dragon View 81 Jalan Alor off Bukit Bintang
Lunch for 6 with Beer was Rm 136

Wow, that's only about £3.50 a head. Was it good?

Yes we think so. Its one of our regular haunts.

Buy DVDs and CDs in Petaling Street for around £1 each. Keep hold of your
bag- it gets very crowded.

So many people say you can't walk around KL If you don't walk and explore
you don't find the backstreet eateries where the locals go, you don't find
the little shops. eg the walk back from The Colesium Cafe to Merdeka Square
takes you past many carpet and fabric shops.
We found the Petronas towers a fascinating visit- and of course its free.
We went to the Tower at 10am and were issued with tix for 11'45. which
worked out really well for a bit of shopping in the KLCC- excellent for golf
shops as well as designer wear.
Jan

---

Old November 16th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Don

Miguel Cruz wrote:
Don wrote:
The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

It's sort of the other way around.

The Petronas Towers Skybridge is free but they only let you stay a few
minutes.

Interesting. It certainly wasn't when I went up. There were long queues
and delays at the TT. You had to buy your tickets prior to being allowed
up. Maybe the novelty has worn off these days.

Don

Old November 16th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Don

Elaine wrote:

"Don" wrote in message
u...

It is a classy place. If you are interested I have taken a few pics of
the interior ...

http://digiscan.members.easyspace.co...ia%20hotel.htm

Impressive lobby - I especially like the look of the atrium bit with the big
palm trees. Where were all the people though? Were you the only guest?

Good question. Maybe I scared them off.
I think there was an ITC conference going on when I was there that time.
They were probably all tucked up in some meeting.

Don

Old November 16th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Steve K

Elaine wrote:
I've heard you get better views from the KL Tower though, is that right?

I'd say so. In KL tower you are higher off the ground, it's a 360-degree
view, and you can see all the areas of the city that are obscured by Bukit
Nanas from the Petronas vantage.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Beautiful bird's eye view of the Bukit Nanas[1] sewerage treatment plant and
the World's highest McDonald's too!

1) Pineapple Hill

Old November 16th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Miguel Cruz

Don wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
Don wrote:
The Twin Towers skybridge is worth it, although you don't get too long
up there and it costs. The KL Tower is free and you can stay up as long
as you like.

It's sort of the other way around.

The Petronas Towers Skybridge is free but they only let you stay a few
minutes.

Interesting. It certainly wasn't when I went up. There were long queues
and delays at the TT. You had to buy your tickets prior to being allowed
up. Maybe the novelty has worn off these days.

Last time I was there was in March of this year (though the web site says
it's still free).

Tickets are give out in the main lobby in the morning (starting at 9:15),
then you come back at your scheduled time (between 10am and 4:4pm depending
on what you asked for). There was no queue to get the tickets in the
morning, and we spent about 10 minutes in a queue before going up.

Maybe it was an off time of year or maybe, as you say, most of the people
who really wanted to see it already have.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Eric Edwards

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:01:13 GMT, Miguel Cruz wrote:
[About vistiting the Petronas Towers]

Last time I was there was in March of this year (though the web site says
it's still free).

Tickets are give out in the main lobby in the morning (starting at 9:15),
then you come back at your scheduled time (between 10am and 4:4pm depending
on what you asked for). There was no queue to get the tickets in the
morning, and we spent about 10 minutes in a queue before going up.

Maybe it was an off time of year or maybe, as you say, most of the people
who really wanted to see it already have.

It must be seasonal. In early December, I arrived at 11:00am to find
the tickets sold out for the day. When I came through in April, it was
just like you experienced: very easy.

--
Use the From: header. Sending mail to
or