The Beaujolais Primeur has arrived...

Old November 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default The Beaujolais Primeur has arrived...

.... in our local supermarket. €1.45 per bottle.

T.
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:12:09 +0100, Tom Peel
wrote:

... in our local supermarket. ¤1.45 per bottle.

Harpic is bettr value. :-)

EUR1.20 locally Beaujolais in Lidl, that is.

Haven't tried it yet. How much is Harpic in your supermarket?

T.
Old November 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

... in our local supermarket. €1.45 per bottle.

T.

Time to stain the parquet again.
Old November 17th, 2005, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

... in our local supermarket. ¤1.45 per bottle.

Harpic is bettr value. :-)

EUR1.20 locally Beaujolais in Lidl, that is.

Haven't tried it yet. How much is Harpic in your supermarket?

Harpic Active Gel 750ml for £0.84 at Tesco. See
http://www.tesco.com/pricecheck/

JohnT

Old November 17th, 2005, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:11:54 -0000, "JohnT"
wrote:

wrote:

... in our local supermarket. ¤1.45 per bottle.

Harpic is bettr value. :-)

EUR1.20 locally Beaujolais in Lidl, that is.

Haven't tried it yet. How much is Harpic in your supermarket?

Harpic Active Gel 750ml for £0.84 at Tesco. See
http://www.tesco.com/pricecheck/

Can you recommend a good vintage?

Don't Tesco sell Beaujolais?

The cheapest Beaujolais at Tesco is £3.53 per bottle, but Harpic probably
contains fewer synthetic ingredients.

JohnT

Old November 17th, 2005, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Can you recommend a good vintage?

Isn't Beaujolais Nouveau sold in the month it is made? In other words,
vintage November.

* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/
This email powered by Thunderbird. Learn more at:
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:58:00 GMT, John Bermont
wrote:

Can you recommend a good vintage?

Isn't Beaujolais Nouveau sold in the month it is made? In other words,
vintage November.

I was referring to Harpic, but you oversnipped.

Pray tell, what is oversnipping? I apologize if I have sinned on the NG.

As far as Beaujolais Nouveau is concerned, it's recognised to be one
of the great marketing successes of all time. There is no good
vintage, it's always rubbish

I would not be so determinedly judgmental. One man's trash can be
another man's treasure.

Old November 17th, 2005, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin writes:

As far as Beaujolais Nouveau is concerned, it's recognised to be one
of the great marketing successes of all time. There is no good
vintage, it's always rubbish

It's nice, but you have to take it for what it is. The big market is
Asia these days, though, and my local "Super"markt didn't have any
this evening.

Des
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

... in our local supermarket. €1.45 per bottle.

T.

Time to stain the parquet again.

We did the sampling last night. To go with the wine we chose
Argentinian steak with Italian zucchinis, Dutch champignons and french
fries of unknown origin, followed by English Stilton with German
wholemeal bread and Irish butter.

The first sip of wine was disappointing- a rather nondescript vin du
table. The first glass proved to be adequate to accompany the steak.
The second glass started to display its better qualities with the
cheese. All in all good value for money as a means of easing life's pain
and sorrow.

We did not test its floor-staining qualities, but it did leave some
stains on the table.

T.