Vikings are Back

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Vikings are Back (another view)

Surfer E2468 wrote:

I hope princess is not changing for the worse because CARNIVAL is now
running the show

Annie, I don't think it has anything to do with being a Carnival Corp.
cruise line. We sailed the same ship in august, me, Sheree, Jeff, Lola
and Charles and everything was excellant!! Before we cruised in
august, I have read many other reports of everything being very good.

sue - who won't give up on Princess!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Lee Lindquist wrote:

Something (or many things) has changed to make so many people miserable.

Sailing out of new york for six months?

When they were sailing out of NY, really Brooklyn, the crew was very
happy and pleasant and the food was excellant. Maybe they don't like
sailing from San Juan?

sue
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Vikings are Back

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

I am waiting to hear about the tour you did in Aruba!

sue

They picked us up and first took us to some place with a cactus fence that
also had some old native American rock paintings. I think they had the
Arawak Indians there.

After that to a place that they stored the gold found on the island, before
it was sent to Europe. There you can build the same Norwegian Troll type
rocks into little statues for good luck.

After that the natural bridge. The good one has collapsed. They still have
a smaller one.

Finally they took us to a small beach that wasn't very good.

On a 1-10 scale, I'd give the tour about a 3-4. Others may have liked it
more. I liked the Grenada tour a lot more.

Next time to Aruba, I'll do a day pass at one of the hotels, like the Ren.

--Tom

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...

In article . com,
" wrote:

Wow, it's hard to believe that so much has changed in three short
months since the SGC. We had wonderful food and great service and
didn't find any surly crew. I'm curious as to why a large group would
have chosed Personal Choice dining, I think you might have been better
to chose a traditional seating. It's too bad you didn't have Sergio in
the DaVinci dining room, he would have taken better care of you than
your Head Waiter.

Most of the group did have Traditional dining including Tom and myself.
Some of the group did not. The reason is that some booked later.

Yes they booked later... but that was mid summer. Just not as early as
we did last XMAS.

To not be able to accoomodate them with is is simply not acceptible IMO.
Not when they have 6 months notice.

This is the problem with having both Traditional and Anytime dining. We
have heard many people here say that they didn't get what they requested.

sue

Splitting up the group was terrible IMO.

--Tom

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:32:44 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

Most of us were in traditional, not personal choice dining.

Don't make the assumption that traditional dining will be better. That's
what we had. Our complaints are about traditional dining and the buffets.

But, you said you hated personal choice...

--
- Lee

Yes. Personal Choice give you a mix of Anytime, which some of the group
were forced into, and Traditional, which the rest of us had [or how ever you
want to classify it all]. Having both, which I referred to as Personal
Choice messed us all up from a group standpoint. I hated that it crewed
things up for us.

--Tom

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

Surfer E2468 wrote:
NONNY,not all people can use any deck,only you males

cruise lover

Incorrect, it only requires a positive attitude and some
experimentation.....

John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

the only thing that may possibly account for the bad attitude in the staff,
and the food (provisions) is san juan, puerto rico. i had breakfast with
some of the puerto ricans (because i wanted to find out how much they paid)
i'm really nosey, and they felt the same as we did about the food and the
staff. they were (in general) a nice bunch of folks. i was a little
dismayed at how much was in spanish in the shows etc, and the cruise
director gave a lot of speaches in spanish. but not enough to really
bother me. maybe the staff doesn't like it. maybe they sell ugly beef
there. we'll really never know.

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

kerry ambler wrote:

just like their lack of public bathrooms cannot be changed. some are
there but are hidden.

I think there were enough public bathrooms on the Crown, just that they
were well hidden.lol Once you found them, they were in very convenient
placesd.

and speaking of hidden
(secrets), princess has many secrets. like the free ice crean
(everyday) at 3:30 pm in the horizon court (on the closed side). 4
flavours and even the staff laughs. why is it secret? who knows, it's
a big joke. the suitcases on the last night should be out before dinner
(or so the patters say) but after midnight is okay (said my room steward)
that is another secret the staff laughs about.

Sheree and Charles found the hidden ice cream for us.lol We had first
seating for dinner and I laughed when I read that my suitcases should be
out before dinner. No Way and no problem.

there was no more laughing from the staff. i never such such a group of
miserable people. the pursers desk was abominable. mean to pax and
cruel. yelling and telling the pax they were terrible. no smiling crew
here.

This is such a shame and a huge change since the SGC. There were several
times we dealt with the pursers desk and the staff was very helpful and
pleasant.

i had the veal chop in sabatini's and it was very good. crown grill was
fabulous and everything from service to food was great.

Glad you enjoyed sabatini's and crown grill, they were excellant on our
cruise. I am still a bit shocked over the changes in the dining room, food
and service, since our august sailing.

sue

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

The night we complained about the steaks, there were at least 5 "mostly
uneaten" steaks on the table for the head waiter to see. Another night
Kerry, myself, and one other (may be Charles IIRC) had fillet mignons that
were either done wrong or sent back. Kerry wanted rare and got well done,
which she can't eat, so they brought her another plate That one had one
medium and one well done. I gave her one of my mediums and took the well
done from her.

I sent the pair of filet mignon back because it was overcooked. It
would have been fine if it was cooked to the requested medium rare. It
was more like medium well. The replacement pair they sent, one was
medium and one was medium rare.

--
Charles
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

I am waiting to hear about the tour you did in Aruba!

sue

They picked us up and first took us to some place with a cactus fence that
also had some old native American rock paintings. I think they had the
Arawak Indians there.

After that to a place that they stored the gold found on the island, before
it was sent to Europe. There you can build the same Norwegian Troll type
rocks into little statues for good luck.

After that the natural bridge. The good one has collapsed. They still have
a smaller one.

Finally they took us to a small beach that wasn't very good.

On a 1-10 scale, I'd give the tour about a 3-4. Others may have liked it
more. I liked the Grenada tour a lot more.

Next time to Aruba, I'll do a day pass at one of the hotels, like the Ren.

It sounds similar to the tour we took many years ago, but we stopped
at the aloe plant. It doesn't sound very interesting.

thanks,
sue
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom K wrote:

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
alid...

In article . com,
" wrote:

[...]

You could of all switched to anytime dining and just made a standing
reservation for each night. That way you could of all been together.

sue