overnight parking outside of paris

Old June 4th, 2005, 11:29 AM
David

Default overnight parking outside of paris

We are planning a stay in central Paris and looking for a good place to
park our car overnight for a few days, preferably close to a metro stop
towards the east side of the city. I see parking symbols on our map in
many places (e.g., Gallieni metro stop), but I do not know if they
allow overnight parking.

Any ideas?

Old June 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
John Bermont

David wrote:
We are planning a stay in central Paris and looking for a good place to
park our car overnight for a few days, preferably close to a metro stop
towards the east side of the city. I see parking symbols on our map in
many places (e.g., Gallieni metro stop), but I do not know if they
allow overnight parking.

Any ideas?

Go to http://www.viamichelin.com. After getting yourself situated on a
map, click on the car parks link. It looks like most in Paris are open 24/7.

* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/

Old June 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"David" wrote:

We are planning a stay in central Paris and looking for a good place to
park our car overnight for a few days, preferably close to a metro stop
towards the east side of the city. I see parking symbols on our map in
many places (e.g., Gallieni metro stop), but I do not know if they
allow overnight parking.

Any ideas?

I don't know if it fits your agenda: what I have done is book into a
hotel with a car park, ideally one near an RER station. We were on the
west side of the city, so I don't have a recommendation for a place on
the east side.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:57 PM
David

Thanks for the web site. It is indeed very helpful (the only thing
missing is the daily parking rate). I see some lots are free and
unattended. Anyone know how safe these are?

Old June 5th, 2005, 07:07 AM
JuanElorza

David wrote:
Thanks for the web site. It is indeed very helpful (the only thing
missing is the daily parking rate). I see some lots are free and
unattended. Anyone know how safe these are?

http://www.vincipark.com/appli/wvncp...oumegarer.html
Heures d'ouverture
7j/7 de 5h45 à 23h30
Accès voitures
Place Montgolfier
94410 - Saint-Maurice
Hauteur maximum 1,9 m
Tarifs
1h00 : 0,5 €
2h00 : 1 €
3h00 : 1,1 €
24 heures : 2 €

Moyens de paiement
- espèces
Descriptif
Capacité : 550 places.
Vidéo surveillance (loi n° 95-73 du 21 janvier 1995).
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Zinzan

Le 4 Jun 2005 03:29:52 -0700, "David" a écrit :

We are planning a stay in central Paris and looking for a good place to
park our car overnight for a few days, preferably close to a metro stop
towards the east side of the city. I see parking symbols on our map in
many places (e.g., Gallieni metro stop), but I do not know if they
allow overnight parking.

I'm pretty sure the Gallieni parking your talking about is the one
from the Auchan supermarket and the commercial center. I think you'll
need to pay for an overnight parking.
Old June 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
David

Zinzan schreef:
Le 4 Jun 2005 03:29:52 -0700, "David" a =E9crit :

We are planning a stay in central Paris and looking for a good place to
park our car overnight for a few days, preferably close to a metro stop
towards the east side of the city. I see parking symbols on our map in
many places (e.g., Gallieni metro stop), but I do not know if they
allow overnight parking.

I'm pretty sure the Gallieni parking your talking about is the one
from the Auchan supermarket and the commercial center. I think you'll
need to pay for an overnight parking.

Just returned from our trip to Paris. For the record, the vinci
parking lot in Saint-Maurice did not work, as the machine only sells
tickets for up to 8hrs and there is no attendent. There were signs in
the lot indicating special arrangements for parking, so perhaps an
advanced phone call would have made a difference?

The lot next to Gallieni (and apparently most other public lots) have
24 hour maximums, and thus were also not options. We ended up parking
in the Novetel lot, also by Gallieni, for 14 Euro per day. In
retrospect, I think the airport lot would have been the better option,
especially considering Paris traffic.