booze on board in tahiti!

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Chris Jarshant

Default booze on board in tahiti!

Gang,

Getting ready to set off on the 10 day tahiti/cook islands
tahitian princess cruise may 7 - 17. One question. I want
to pack a bunch of booze in my big suitcase to smugggle on
board. I'd rather wait until I get to papeete to buy it and
pack it in, so that I don't have booze in my suitcase through
the airports/security/etc. Are there some convenient places to
buy it in papeete between the time I get off the plane and
onto the boat? I'm not doing the princess transfer.

cj
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM
John

Chris Jarshant wrote in message ...
Forget it. Nothing is cheap in Papeete or French Polynesia. If you
don't want to carry it in your luggage all the way just buy it on
board Tahitian Princess. A fifth of Jim Beam in Papeete if you could
find it was around $45. The Champion Supermarket is on the way from
Faaa Airport to the cruise dock and they had a very nice selection of
French wines at very reasonable prices. Booze is also available
there, but at prices you won't like.
John