Disney cruise lines takes advantage of us west coasters

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Andrew

Default Disney cruise lines takes advantage of us west coasters

7 days w/ tax cat 6-$2252 p.p
cat 4-$2852 p.p.

waitlisting for cat 1-3, they said they were sold out by 10:15am

that is a lot of money for a non holiday cruise, being that most cruises
offer this saiiling intinerary from 799-1499 pp in the summer time...i
booked, but will probably cancel,...who knows.

Any ideas on how to better spend my money during next summer on a cruise
__________________

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:37 AM
HDawson228

Demand must be very strong.
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Mark

There are LOTS of other options for Caribbean cruises.
Talk to a travel agent. Royal Caribbean Voyager class ships draw raves (but
are also premium priced) - you also may want to check out Carnival (and NCL
& Princess).

Mark

ink.net...

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Candy

This happens with other lines, too. RCI canceled half of my upcoming
Enchantment B2B, and I had to cancel the whole thing. It was a very
good deal, and I can't find anything comparable. This may have to be
the first time we jump on a last minute deal (scary!).

Candy -- trying on cruise dresses

Old May 6th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Mason Barge

On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:17:22 GMT, "Andrew"
wrote:

7 days w/ tax cat 6-$2252 p.p
cat 4-$2852 p.p.

waitlisting for cat 1-3, they said they were sold out by 10:15am

that is a lot of money for a non holiday cruise, being that most cruises
offer this saiiling intinerary from 799-1499 pp in the summer time...i
booked, but will probably cancel,...who knows.

Any ideas on how to better spend my money during next summer on a cruise
__________________

Sure. Go to Alaska.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
MsPatty4

There are LOTS of other options for Caribbean cruises.

The OP was talking about a West coast cruise on Disney. Disney is coming here
next summer in celebratin of Disneyland's (park) 50th anniversary. They are
offering a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise which is a complete rip off. I can
go to the Mexican Riviera on a new Princess ship for SO much less. I won't
give Disney my money.

~ Patty
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM
0 O

Its a beautiful ship and fun cruise -- watch for specials. The prices
appear to be brochure prices ? check with a TA

Old May 6th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Candy Brock

Actually, we don't know what kind of cruise is discussed, only that the
OP is a west-coaster (meaning living on the west coast).

Candy
West Coast, Shmest Coast... put me on a ship

MsPatty4 wrote:
There are LOTS of other options for Caribbean cruises.

The OP was talking about a West coast cruise on Disney. Disney is coming here
next summer in celebratin of Disneyland's (park) 50th anniversary. They are
offering a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise which is a complete rip off. I can
go to the Mexican Riviera on a new Princess ship for SO much less. I won't
give Disney my money.

~ Patty

Andrew posted:

Old May 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM
sheree

prices are what people are paying thru TA's, disney never discounts much.
supposedly on the ca-fl repo many categories are sold out.

Way too much money! we did the disney magic 2 yrs ago, it was great, (used
DVC points) but I can cruise 2-3 times on another ship for that money!

--
Sheree

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Andrew wrote:
7 days w/ tax cat 6-$2252 p.p
cat 4-$2852 p.p.

waitlisting for cat 1-3, they said they were sold out by 10:15am

that is a lot of money for a non holiday cruise, being that most cruises
offer this saiiling intinerary from 799-1499 pp in the summer time...i
booked, but will probably cancel,...who knows.

That is a lot of money, but it is Disney and it is a new itin that
Disney lovers have been waiting for a long time. They did the same
thing, I think last year, when they tried out a longer then 7 day cruise
and the price was sky high. There are a lot of people who will only sail
Disney and are willing to pay any price.

There is no way I would spend this, for this itin, Disney or no Disney.

sue