Terrorism and tourism

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Howie

Default Terrorism and tourism

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

Now I remember why, when I can use my Comcast account, I chose NOT

to read your
moronic posts.

But since I now have to be subjected to your bull$hit, please share with us the
report of your last cruise.

Oy vey, Dick. You're not only responding the the ****wit again, your
asking it to report something. What gives, are you a bissel meshugana
today?

And please tell me why I should "grow up".

Please don't!

DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 13th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Eileen Garland

Er, I believe she did share the report of that cruise, the one she
called a JewsCruise, or something equally elegant.

Be careful what you ask for!

Eileen

P.S. In my opinion, grown-ups are pretty dull.

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs

Afew years our son and his wife went to Egypt for two weeks I said it could be
dangerous. His answer was "It is probley more dangerous when I go to Detroit on
business" I agreed

Go for it

Lou

I've been to Egypt. I felt safer there then in Canada. The people
there are extremely nice and friendly. Yes, there's the ones who
participate in hate crimes, but people like that exist in Canada too.
Hey, I got called a rude name while walking down the street last week
in Vancouver!

I say go and enjoy your trip! And as my mother used to say, "When it's
your time to go, it's your time to go."

And if you hop on a tour, they won't take you to any unsafe areas.
Even when I was walking down the street alone in Cairo, I would have
people tell me "Don't cross the street there, it isn't safe", and they
do look out for the tourists. Also, military service is mandatory in
Egypt and there have always been armed guards all over the place.

~Melanie
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Tom & Linda

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Does anyone have any sage advice to offer me?
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Go.

When I brought this up several months ago while in the planning stages
of our tandem QE2/QM2 trip ( I was concerned about the ships being
targets, New York City also being a target again), many wise posters
here said not to let the *******s get me down. If I stopped
traveling, they (the terrorists who hate us) would, in essence, win.

I flew home from London's Heathrow airport days after September 11th.
I've traveled much since then. I WILL NOT let the *******s get me
down. I suggest you do the same.

To me there are 2 distinctly different levels of concern here.

1) is about a retiree and her husband, both who've lived the majority of
their lives, not letting the so called *******s get them down.

2) is about a father being worried about his much younger daughter, who has
much of her life ahead of her. I look at that differently and I can't judge
those concerns equally. I'm sorry, but I just don't.

Quite frankly I wouldn't take my kids to a place that I didn't think was at
least "reasonably" safe.

Sure you can have an accident at home, or something like that. One is bad
luck. The other is putting yourself or your kids in "harms way".

--Tom

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Florence and Lou Roth

Dick

We were on a cruise sailing to Oslo when 9-11 occured. We could have
just as easily been at the World Trade Center that day. We used to take
friends & relatives there for lunch at Windows on the World when they
were in town.

Go for it & enjoy. When your time is up it doesn't matter where you are.

Florence

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:52 AM

Geez... I've never been to Egypt, but as a Canadian, I feel extremely
safe living here. ...As for rude names-- I've been called everything
under the sun. Not only by Canadians, but Americans, Germans, dutch,
etc. ...Such is the joy of operating a business that deals directly with
the public. ...However, having someone act rude, does not equate to
terrorism. ...Jon