Terrorism and tourism

Old May 16th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Tom & Linda

Default Terrorism and tourism

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
From: (CupCaked)

I won't repeat it, as I said it in an earlier post, but this advice
was not mine, but given to me right here in this newsgroup several
months ago.

I'm surprised and sorry to learn that only married couples with
children deserve a level of understanding from you, Tom.

While I can't speak for Tom I don't think it was his intention to suggest
anything of the kind.

His point, as I understood it, was that as a childless couple you wouldn't
understand a parent's concern for their child no matter how old that child

is.

THAT'S NOT MY POINT.

I NEVER SAID WHAT YOU'RE INTERPRETING.

AND I NEVER SAID WHAT KAREN IS INTERPRETING.

STOP READING "INTO" MY WORDS.

WHAT I SAID IS THAT DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES MAY IMPACT THE LEVEL OF RISK
THAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO ACCEPT. THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL POST. THAT'S IT.
AND I OFFERED EXAMPLES TO FURTHER EXPLAIN MY THINKING.

Sorry for shouting... but people seem to want to read their own thoughts
into what I said. I made no judgements on Karen as far as not having kids,
or about responsibilities of one married partner to another. And I
definitely didn't say anything about Karen not understanding a parent's
concern as you suggest.

STOP interpreting what I said.

I'm not Aristotle. I'm not Socrates. I'm not Shakespaere. You don't need
to interpret what I said. There is no hidden meaning. I'm a simple kind of
guy.

--Tom

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Eileen Garland

That was cute, Tom.

Eileen

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Jim

You haven't mentioned your itinerary. Jim

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:43 AM
fishman

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
I'm not Aristotle. I'm not Socrates. I'm not Shakespaere. You don't

need
to interpret what I said. There is no hidden meaning. I'm a simple kind

of
guy.

--Tom

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar??

Chris

Old May 16th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Danni

"Jim" wrote in message
You haven't mentioned your itinerary. Jim

The subject is moot. We're going. I have decided it for him.

End of story.

: )

Old May 16th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Jim

WHOAH!!!!

JimYou haven't mentioned your itinerary.
DanniThe subject is moot. We're going. I have decided it for him.
End of story. :=A0)

Danni put on the pants. Dick, you're going, end of story!! 2-1 against
you Jim

Old May 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sun, 16 May 2004 01:50:21 GMT, "Tom & Linda"
wrote:

THAT'S NOT MY POINT.

I NEVER SAID WHAT YOU'RE INTERPRETING.

AND I NEVER SAID WHAT KAREN IS INTERPRETING.

STOP READING "INTO" MY WORDS.

WHAT I SAID IS THAT DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES MAY IMPACT THE LEVEL OF RISK
THAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO ACCEPT. THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL POST. THAT'S IT.
AND I OFFERED EXAMPLES TO FURTHER EXPLAIN MY THINKING.

Well, Tom, join the club. RTC is full of people who extrapolate ideas
from even a simple word.

Say "Jew" around hear and the sackcloth ripping can be hear
internationally.

Try another word.

Hitler.

listening to riiippppppppppppp

Sorry for shouting... but people seem to want to read their own thoughts
into what I said. I made no judgements on Karen as far as not having kids,
or about responsibilities of one married partner to another. And I
definitely didn't say anything about Karen not understanding a parent's
concern as you suggest.

STOP interpreting what I said.

Can't happen. Live with the hypocrisy. RTC people love to lay the
victim.

I'm not Aristotle. I'm not Socrates. I'm not Shakespaere. You don't need
to interpret what I said. There is no hidden meaning. I'm a simple kind of
guy.

I was dreaming of the past
And my heart was beating fast
I began to lose control