travel to Kenya - Lamu

Old August 31st, 2005, 01:50 AM
{ brad brace }

Default travel to Kenya - Lamu

Hello, I'm planning a 5-6 month trip to Kenya - primarily Lamu, where I'm
hoping to find basic, secure, affordable long-term accommodation
($300US/mo max) November-March 2006. I'd also like to take a short cheap
safari and visit Mombasa area if possible too. Any suggestions would be
most appreciated! Still searching for airfare deals from PDX (Portland
USA) better than $1600...

Please respond via email.

tia, /:b

Old September 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM

i think been in the tourism industry for a long time in kenya i think
the best places you should visit are the Maasai Mara (first choice
destination for any tourist visiting in Kenya),Nauvasha,Nakuru and
Aberdares(Treetops) what do you think?

Old September 19th, 2005, 11:33 AM
joseking

Where do you wonna take a safari in Kenya? there are so many different
places. im in the tourism industry and maybe i can help you.

Old September 19th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

Pat Anderson wrote:

I would agree with that Liz. Samburu is so different somehow with
it`s own special animals like the gerunuk and Grevy zebra for
instance., which are not found in other reserves.

Grévy Zebras are unique to the north, but Gerenuks can been seen
elsewhere. In fact, I've seen them in Amboseli.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM

I am also in the travel industry and can help you with Lamu and the
safari plus Mombassa . Please e mail me at