Honeymoon planning advice

Old October 15th, 2006, 09:28 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

Default Honeymoon planning advice

Hello group,

I am planning my 3 weeks honeymoon trip, starting mid-November from
Italy.
We would like to spent a few days visiting the Big Apple, and then
going south to the Caribbean Islands.
Just got the two way ticket to JFK, now we have to choose which islands
to go for the remaining 15 days.
We are looking for nature, snorkeling, some local atmosphere, and would
prefer to stay away from the more crowded locations and AI resorts. Our
ideal place would be a kind of cottage or small hotel beach-front with
some coral reef to explore... is it still possible to find such places
and organize the trip via the Web? Since it's a honeymoon trip, it
would be better to have everything settled in booked in advance....
Until now we are considering Antigua, Anguilla or Turks & Caicos, any
other idea?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Aldo

Old October 16th, 2006, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
crumr

Hi
How about Belize.. opr the Dominion Republicn?
For any of these islands and accommodation on the remainder of your
tour I can help you.. please e mail me at

Old October 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/15/2006 4:28 AM plucked Senior Frog's Magic
Twanger and said:
[...]

Dominica might interest you for part of your stay. It's known as the
"nature island". There are rivers to explore, over 100 waterfalls, coral
reefs, and a thermal caldera called simply "Boiling Lake". Do not
confuse Dominica with the Dominican Republic. That is a separate
island. Actually, that island is called Hispaniola. The Dominican
Republic occupies one part of Hispaniola and Haiti has the other part.
The Dominican Republic has lots of AI. Dominica has mostly hotels,
motels and cabins.

Sea Cliff Cottages in Dominica would be ideal for a Honeymoon. The only
drawback is that it may be more isolated than you'd want. If you stayed
there, you'd defiantly need to rent a 4X4 Jeep and have a good map. Sea
Cliff Cottages:
http://www.dominica-cottages.com/

Dominica Tourism: http://www.avirtualdominica.com/tourism.cfm

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Splenda[_1_]

Perhaps a 7 to 14 day cruise with stops at different islands.
Mid-November we will be seeing St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John's,
Antigua, Bridgetown, Barbados, Saint George's, Grenada, Roseau, Dominica &
Tortola, British Virgin Islands on an 11 night cruise leaving from, and
returning to New York.

oups.com...

Old October 28th, 2006, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Don Wiss

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:20:27 -0400, Splenda wrote:

Mid-November we will be seeing St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John's,
Antigua, Bridgetown, Barbados, Saint George's, Grenada, Roseau, Dominica &
Tortola, British Virgin Islands on an 11 night cruise leaving from, and
returning to New York.

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John's
Antigua
Bridgetown, Barbados
Saint George's, Grenada
Roseau, Dominica
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

That looks like six stops. Is it one day on each? If so, then do you have
five at sea days?

Don www.donwiss.com/pictures/carib (e-mail link at page bottoms).
Old October 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Splenda

I think so but........ he DID say this was their honeymoon. LOL
I bet they could think of something to do while "at sea"

news

Old November 1st, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Nevis_Island

Anguilla, Nevis, Montserrat, Saba, Barbuda, Statia (St. Eustatius)
these are all VERY small laid back islands. Fortunately with a more
European flair than a coomercialized American theme They also are all
within about 100 miles of each other You can check out LIAT airlines
they have a pass that is good for numerous flights at one low price in
a given time frame......as long as you don't go to the same island
twice, except fot in transit.Well at least they did. I also have
heard they are merging with Caribbean Star and Caribbean Sun
airlines...these two are really nice carriers to fly with Great deal
and you can choose yoor own lodging via the web.

For info on Nevis check out my website or my blog

www.nevis1.com or www.nevisblog.com

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected][_1_]

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:52:06 -0500, Nevis_Island
wrote:

Anguilla, Nevis, Montserrat, Saba, Barbuda, Statia (St. Eustatius)
these are all VERY small laid back islands. Fortunately with a more
European flair than a coomercialized American theme They also are all
within about 100 miles of each other You can check out LIAT airlines
they have a pass that is good for numerous flights at one low price in
a given time frame......as long as you don't go to the same island
twice, except fot in transit.Well at least they did. I also have
heard they are merging with Caribbean Star and Caribbean Sun
airlines...these two are really nice carriers to fly with Great deal
and you can choose yoor own lodging via the web.

For info on Nevis check out my website or my blog

You forgot St. Barth. If you can consider Anguilla, you should at
least take a look at it. Very expensive....

Old November 16th, 2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Nevis_Island

You forgot St. Barth. If you can consider Anguilla, you should at
least take a look at it. Very expensive....

Yep, I purposefully forgot St. Barths.....too touristy in my opinion

Old November 19th, 2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
annavs

Here you can find nice hotels.

http://www.sebuscahotel.es/