GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:11 PM
Lloyd Parsons

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

Your still up to your same old bull**** Petey. Are you going to be a problem
TA like you were last year? Are you going to make insulting comments to
PAYING passengers again? Are you going to cry about not making any money or
getting a free cabin again? I thought you said you were done with the likes
of GGC's. I smell a pile of **** and I'm not sure who it is, You or the
sailor boy. Funny how this works out, he uses you as a TA and now your back.
My money is on you and that stupid wife of yours on pulling the wool over
RTC eye's again. Now the killer is Stetzo and Ford as the scape goat bids,
one no name and we have or TA of choice PETEY.

Your Biggest Fan
Fred

Hmmm.....

After thinking this over for a moment (and a moment is all it is
worth), I think a better answer is in order.

The voting will be done in a public venue (here and in the yahoo
ggc0000 group), so just how am I or Peter to be able to pull this off?
I'm sure, with your keen sense of righteousness, that you will be able
to figure out some lame description of how it will happen.

So why don't you post it and get it over with so there will be no doubt
how much or little intelligence you really have, although I'm sure most
already know.

Lloyd
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the

results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

Nor should you be expected to, Lloyd... I am just grateful that you

accepted
the chairmanship and that we have a committee that is willing to

serve...
having read the past GGC's complaints about minor issues, makes y'all a
brave bunch and it sounds as if you are doing a good job and I can't

wait
for the selections to be posted!

--Jean

Thanks, but I certainly couldn't have done it alone. The committee
member are great to work with and in those instances when differences
of opinions came up, we were able to find that compromise that made it
all work smoothly.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I think you and the committee members are doing a first-rate job.
And being former Navy (like my wife and brother) gives you a lot of respect
in pulling differing factors together.

One thing I would like to suggest to the TA's who are in the bidding this
year: pay attention to the flames of the past. You can learn from those
experiences and improve overall customer service. It's impossible to think
of everything, sure, and this is a huge job with lots of hours put in for
not much monetary compensation. You may as well have some fun while you're
at it.

Skip -------warming up his pipes to sing "Anchors Aweigh"

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Freddyp

"Sue Keenan" wrote in message
Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article , Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

In article , Sue Keenan
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Woo Hoo! Did we get some nice bids in. And your ggc2005 committee

has
been hard at work to decide what to put up for bid.

We got very nice responses from 4 Travel Agents, here they are (in no
particular order)
Karen Wheelock of WorldTravel Services of Tulsa, OK.
Cal Ford who we all know from here
John Szeto who has been trying forever it seems.
Peter Berlin who everyone also knows.

We've got selection out the wazoo this year!

You want a Western Caribbean? We got 'em, in more than one flavor
How about a West Coast? It is there too
New ships? Yep, got 'em

Great selection from a bunch of excellent TA's.

Voting will commence as soon as the website is updated to show the

bids
selected for the vote. At that time we will also post the rules of
voting and how the results will be used if something doesn't pop up as
the hands-down favorite.

So keep watching www.ggc2005.com for the news!

Lloyd

Tropicale 2000
Sensation GGC2002
Golden Princess GGC2003
Radiance of the Seas GGC2004
Celebrity Millenium GLC2005

So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

I have no idea, nor am I overly concerned with that and neither was the
rest of the committee.

As you should know, it gets increasingly more difficult to get TA's
that will bid at all on the GGC's because of the flame level that
exists primarily here. When we posted for TA's to bid, she was one of
them.

Thanks for asking....

Lloyd

I got to thinking and maybe that answer is too short. Let me expand on
it.

When the committee was being formed and discussions started within the
committee, as well as the postings I made here about TA interest, the
many of the TA's that are here all the time would not bid, and we were
almost right.

I literally only knew of 2 TA's that would bid when I called for bids.
I had been on the phone to a number of TA's from RTC to try to recruit
them and had received not very encouraging conversations. I will not
say who I called, nor will I say what was discussed. But the
conversations led me and the committee to believe that the responses
would be minimal at best.

So we took the TA's that responded to the call for bids, and I thank
them for their responses and the hard work it took to do those bids in
the face of knowing that whoever wins (and maybe even doesn't win) will
take some flak from some here that get their jollies bitching.

All of that said, the bids that will be posted for voting are the ones
that are available for a GGC this coming year. We think they are
excellent bids, with a broad selection, much broader than in the past.
Soon it will be up to you as voters to decide which of these bids you
want. They will be identified as to who submitted so if that is a big
deal to you, you can factor that in.

Lloyd

I'm sure there are a lot of TAs that read rtc and don't post, but if
they didn't know the requirements had changed, how would they know to
ask for a rfb?

I don't recall seeing a post from you saying you lifted the following
requirements?

1. Be a participating member in RTC
2. Be a full-time travel agent
3. Be owner, principal or can get permission to commit the agency to a
contract.

Sue

I agree Sue. All past GGC's used these guidelines. And if I am not mistaken,
were they not discussed here on RTC and agreed upon long before Lloyd came
around?

Fred ------has a new pal

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:23 PM
Freddyp

Hey, Freddy

Why don't you take your vile bitching and moaning over to
alt.nobody.gives.a.crap.what.you.say?

Care to make a bet?

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:29 PM
Freddyp

It's impossible to think of everything, sure, and this is a huge job with

lots of hours put in for
not much monetary compensation. You may as well have some fun while

you're
at it.

Not very professional for some people who brag about how long they have been
in business

Skip -------warming up his pipes to sing "Anchors Aweigh"

Are you with the Village People?

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:32 PM
Judy

So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

Sue, as you know, each committee changes the RFB to their liking. We
decided the TA would not have to be an active poster in RTC to bid.
Karen has posted in the past, not very much, she is more of a lurker.
Doesn't want to get caught up in all the flame wars here.
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:32 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article osNuc.1632$CW.1137@lakeread05, Freddyp
wrote:

It's impossible to think of everything, sure, and this is a huge job with

lots of hours put in for
not much monetary compensation. You may as well have some fun while

you're
at it.

Not very professional for some people who brag about how long they have been
in business

Skip -------warming up his pipes to sing "Anchors Aweigh"

Are you with the Village People?

Wrong song! G

That was 'In the Navy' as I best recall....
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:36 PM
Sue Keenan

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article , Sue Keenan
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

In article , Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

In article , Sue Keenan
wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:

[...]

Great 20/20 hindsight! G

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

None of the previous committee's rules are required to be used at all.
I assume that all of the committee's have built on each other with
changes along the way. Actually, I know that is exactly how it has
been done.

We did ours our way because that seemed to be necessary as we were
seeing little positive feedback from anywhere about this GGC. I sure
saw and heard enough negative though!

Lloyd

LLoyd,

Those were your rules for GGC2005. At least they were when you posted
them on rtc earlier this year.

Would you please post some info about Karen Wheelock's experience as a TA?

Thanks,

Sue

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:57 PM
Freddyp

"Judy" wrote in message
om...
So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

Sue, as you know, each committee changes the RFB to their liking. We
decided the TA would not have to be an active poster in RTC to bid.
Karen has posted in the past, not very much, she is more of a lurker.
Doesn't want to get caught up in all the flame wars here.

Why would Karen want the problems of a GGC and be afraid of FLAMES at the
same time????

I would dare to say that the reason it took so long to get bids was that not
too many TA's are interested. Bad news travels fast. Could that be why you
changed the guidelines and let any yahoo bid?

Could it be that the days of the GGC are ending?

Moi

Old May 31st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article kTNuc.1636$CW.24@lakeread05, Freddyp
wrote:

"Judy" wrote in message
om...
So how many times has Karen Wheelock posted on rtc?

Sue ---found no posts from Google Groups

Sue, as you know, each committee changes the RFB to their liking. We
decided the TA would not have to be an active poster in RTC to bid.
Karen has posted in the past, not very much, she is more of a lurker.
Doesn't want to get caught up in all the flame wars here.

Why would Karen want the problems of a GGC and be afraid of FLAMES at the
same time????

I would dare to say that the reason it took so long to get bids was that not
too many TA's are interested. Bad news travels fast. Could that be why you
changed the guidelines and let any yahoo bid?

Could it be that the days of the GGC are ending?

Moi

Freddy, those are good questions.

The first one, while I can't speak for her, I would think that she
might not ever post here much because of the tone of all too many
messages. While the freewheeling nature of usenet is enjoyable to me
most of the time, it isn't for everyone and I think you would agree.

She can do the GGC without doing much posting here, in fact it may even
be better than trying as many here feel that would be advertising.

And the bidding? What can I say, after last years heated remarks on
man sides, it was looking like the GGC was a thing of the past. I had
remarked on that very subject when I saw George and Peter having strong
group cruises in January 2005.

And that is why the preference voting went the way it did for later
months. The heated discussion was why when I talked to various TA's
from here, they didn't want to get into it.

I well understand. There were things said, and they way they were said
that could have been handled better. When those that were affected
spoke up, I felt like they were speaking from their hearts. But then,
the flame fanners jumped in to make bad things worse.

When I posted the call for bids, I literally expected only 2 TA's to
bid and I wasn't sure of one of them. That 4 TA's bid is amazing!

Now let's set the record straight on my travels, and which TA I use or
don't use.

I've been on a total of 4 cruises, and have one currently scheduled,
here they are and how they happened.

Tropicale 2000 - Dillards Travel -- The travel agent that I used for
air suggested a cruise when I was looking at a week on the beach
somewhere.

GGC2002 -- George Leppla -- the GGC, what can I say, I booked it with
George 'cause that is the only way you could be a part of it and I
wanted to meet many from here.

GGC2003 -- Peter Berlin -- Same thing, Peter won the bid, I wanted to
meet up with old friends, so I went.

GGC2004 -- Peter Berlin -- See GGC2003 G

GLC2005 -- Peter Berlin -- He advertised this, it had great single
rates for Celebrity, so I am going.

For the record, I like Peter and I like George -- I would not hesitate
to buy from either of them. But I also like bargains, and if I found
one from a different TA that interested me, I would pick them.

So out of all the cruises that I've been on, only one TA has called me
to sell me the cruise. In all other cases, I responded to an
advertisement that I saw in rtc or somewhere else.

And as you can see in my sig (when I remember to attach it), I"ve never
hidden the cruises I've been on.

And also for the record, I didn't ask to be the committee chair, I was
asked to take the job as no one was jumping all over themselves to
volunteer.

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000