Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts

Eileen Garland wrote:

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Howie, Eileen and I are both very lucky to have husbands who love us
and stand by us. I know of many people with CFS who's families don't
believe they are really sick. Also many marriages that have fallen
apart because of CFS. You and Kevin are the best!!!!

Sue, I'll take you word about Kevin 'cause I haven't met him - but I can
VOUCH for Howie's bestness!

Eileen, maybe the luckiest woman on earth!

One of these days we will have to meet, either on land or at see. Then
we can compare(grin).

sue

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Eileen Garland

Thank you for your sweet words, Diana. You have made me blush.

Boy, red-faced twice in one day! Once from embarrassment, once from
pleasure - and I think it's been about 40 years since the blush before
these two.

Eileen

Old December 10th, 2003, 10:05 PM
villa deauville

Default Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts- To Howard

What a lovely tribute to your bride Eileen.
May you both have lots of years together discoing to the beat of your
own drums

SUNNY..........also wiping away that stuff called tears

S'nd I

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Tom & Linda

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Charles wrote:

In article , Tom & Linda
wrote:

2 Story bar that looks like something out of Harry Potter. I guess it
would work depending on the rest of the surroundings, but on this ship
it looked out of place. It was just SO different from everything else.

The Dungeon is the disco. Usually one of the most hopping spots on the
Vogager class ships. You probably were in bed when all the action was
taking place there.

I see you know Tom well, when the disco would be hopping, he would be
outside watching the stars(grin).

That's true, with his GPS. But he wouldn't be in bed. Tom also reads a
lot on cruises.

Re-read of JRRT's LotR Two Towers on this past one. Getting ready for
the final LotR movie.

--Tom

Ben

sue

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Howard Garland

D Ball wrote:

How nice of you, Artemis.

Howie - shamefaced

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Tom & Linda

Howie... I can just picture you in your John Travolta polyester white
suit cutting a wide swath on the dance floor.

--Tom

Howard Garland wrote:

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

What is the Dungeon??

Hi Sue,

I will assume that the Dungeon on the Navigator is the same space as the
Chamber on the Explorer. This was the most awesome disco I have ever
danced in on a ship. It was a rather large 2 story space, decorated to
resemble a medieval dungeon. There were torches around the perimeter of
the space, made out of orange silk, that blew in the cool breeze created
by the air conditioning. The sound system was phenomenal and the DJ was
wonderful. The club stayed open until 4 am. But by far, the best thing
about the space was the dance floor. It was large and all hardwood.
Ask any dancer, not just me, and they will tell you that nothing
compares with a good wood dance floor.

In short, it was my favorite ships disco. Having danced all over Europe
and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old gothic
style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and the
acoustics were incredible.

Howie - wishes there were a dungeon or chamber on every ship.

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Benjamin Smith

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe
and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old gothic
style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and the
acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a converted
church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

Ben

Howie - wishes there were a dungeon or chamber on every ship.

Old December 11th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe

and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old gothic
style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and the
acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a converted
church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

My son used to go to the Limelight with his friends. Is it still open?

sue

Old December 11th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Howard Garland

Tom & Linda wrote:

Howie... I can just picture you in your John Travolta polyester white
suit cutting a wide swath on the dance floor.

--Tom

Don't wear dead white dress pants, jackets, or shoes

Howie - Born and bred in Brooklyn, New York.

Old December 11th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Howard Garland

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe

and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old gothic
style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and the
acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a converted
church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

Ben

Never heard of it, Ben. Please tell me more.

Howie