Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts

Old December 11th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Tom & Linda

Default Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts

Howard Garland wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Howie... I can just picture you in your John Travolta polyester white
suit cutting a wide swath on the dance floor.

--Tom

Don't wear dead white dress pants, jackets, or shoes

Howie - Born and bred in Brooklyn, New York.

Brooklyn... huh!

That would make it light beige pants, jacket and shoes.

--Tom
Old December 11th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Howard Garland wrote:
Tom & Linda wrote:

Howie... I can just picture you in your John Travolta polyester white
suit cutting a wide swath on the dance floor.

--Tom

Don't wear dead white dress pants, jackets, or shoes

Howie - Born and bred in Brooklyn, New York.

Now Howie, what does being born and bred in Brooklyn have to do with
wearing white. I am a Brooklyn girl, spent most of my life there, but I
wear white(grin).

sue

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Benjamin Smith

Howard Garland wrote:
Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe

and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old
gothic style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and
the acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a
converted church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

Ben

Never heard of it, Ben. Please tell me more.

In Chelsea. Around 23rd or so and 6th Av. Lots of different spaces
inside with themes. (I went there once but it wasn't my "scene") For
awhile Al Goldstein used it for Screw magazine "parties". I think it was
popular in the 80s.

Ben

Howie

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Benjamin Smith

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe

and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old
gothic style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and
the acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a
converted church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

My son used to go to the Limelight with his friends. Is it still open?

I doubt it, but I'm not sure.

Ben

sue

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Eileen Garland

Or red, or black, or pink, or lime, or....

Eileen

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Eileen Garland

Got me, Sue! I also am from Brooklyn and wear white (when I'm planning
on not eating); Howie thinks he looks like the ice cream man when he
wears white. (And that in itself may be a peculiarly urban reference!)

Eileen

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Benjamin Smith

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:
Having danced all over Europe

and the US, the only better place that I have danced on land, was a
place in Montreal called the cathedral. It was actually an old
gothic style Catholic church that had been converted into a club and
the acoustics were incredible.

There was a club in New York called Limelight that was also a
converted church. Was famous, then infamous for awhile.

Ben

Never heard of it, Ben. Please tell me more.

In Chelsea. Around 23rd or so and 6th Av. Lots of different spaces
inside with themes. (I went there once but it wasn't my "scene") For
awhile Al Goldstein used it for Screw magazine "parties". I think it was
popular in the 80s.

It's 47 W. 20th Street. It was closed for awhile and may have reopened.

Don't know how popular it is now.

Ben

Ben

Howie

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:26 AM
MrZuiderdam03

Thank for thet great review Tom . Everybody go's on cruises for different
reson's !! Lounge's are not a big deal to us It's the people your with in theos
lounge's . In other words you've been to one lourge you been to them all !! I
really didn't think you were going to like this ship !! It's just not your kind
of ship ,may just to big .I really like this class of ships !! I need a ship
with alot going on for our boy"s .And theJonny Rockets is the best .Real great
apple pie with ice cream to die for !!! I like the pool area's and the open
deck space on cruise ships more then the inside of the ships !! But i will tell
you i like the deck & pool space on the Grand class much better then the
Voyager class !! As for the food i did fined when we were on the Voyager i
thought the food was the best we ever had on RCCI 6 time with them !! And going
with an open mind we do it all the time !! You see i will not let one thing
that may go wrong or is not up to my likeing bother me for the rest of the
cruise !! I guss the biggest reson we like going on cruises our 60th booked on
the N Dawn . Tom K really like the Dawn when he was on her . is when we are
out at sea it just clears my head from the every day world. And walking on deck
at night with my wife holding hands under the moonlight it just dosn't get
anybetter !! Some of the best cruises we have taken were on very old ships
..That's where going with an open mind come in and knowing what your booking too
!!I really have to give Tom alot of credit he's more or less a Celerbrity guy .
But will try other cruise linne's . I love HAL but look forward to going on all
the cruise linnes . I love going on a new ship every time we go . We go now
more for the ship then ports of call . The Voyager class is really a floating
Caribbean resort !!
Old December 11th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Howard Garland

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Now Howie, what does being born and bred in Brooklyn have to do with
wearing white. I am a Brooklyn girl, spent most of my life there, but I
wear white(grin).

sue

cause you no dude, sue; you a girl!