The Pertfect Cruise Line

Old December 19th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Becca

Default The Pertfect Cruise Line

If you could create a cruise line that would be perfect for you, what
would your cruise line be like?

Here is what mine would be like. I would like a ship with 1,800
passengers, 80,000 gross tonnage and it would be Freestyle like NCL.
Plenty of deck space, including an adults only solarium area similar
to RCI and fresh water swimming pools like Princess. Desserts as good
as RCI, a movie theater with popcorn like HAL, entertainment like NCL,
stand-up comedy and food like Carnival.

Becca -----I should start saving my pennies...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/

Old December 19th, 2003, 02:28 AM

HAL, with classier food. ...Jon

Old December 19th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Bunny Reese

Becca wrote:
If you could create a cruise line that would be perfect for you, what
would your cruise line be like?

Here is what mine would be like. I would like a ship with 1,800
passengers, 80,000 gross tonnage and it would be Freestyle like NCL.
Plenty of deck space, including an adults only solarium area similar
to RCI and fresh water swimming pools like Princess. Desserts as good
as RCI, a movie theater with popcorn like HAL, entertainment like NCL,
stand-up comedy and food like Carnival.

1,800 passengers would be about right. Me and 1,799 tall, handsome,
naked men!! Whooooopeeeeeee!

Old December 19th, 2003, 01:49 PM
mrtractor

Bunny,
They already have those.

They're called "Gay Naturist Cruises."

Is that what you were thinking about here?

HAHAHAHAHhaahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

MrTractor

Old December 19th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:49:40 GMT, "mrtractor"
wrote:

Bunny,
They already have those.

They have cruises with 1,799 tall and naked men?
Old December 19th, 2003, 05:01 PM

Tom, in another post, said Crystal with Princess pricing. Quite close to my
ideal, also. To flesh it out and fix it up even mo

Fewer than 1000 passengers.
International passengers.
Large private verandah
Not "freestyle" dining. I like the traditional approach -- with the
addition, of course, of optional, "specialty restaurants."
No free booze -- I don't want to cruise with drunks
Light free space on the open top deck to star gaze.
Chimay Blue
Lots of public areas to chit chat
Interesting of call
Shore excursions that do NOT stop at souvenir shops
Interesting ports of call (worth repeating)
Fresh strawberries and good cheeses available at all times (including, of
course, a mild cheese aged in Chimay Blue)
Real bagels for breakfast (not round Lutheran rolls with a hole in the
middle)
Saloon pianist who knows the complete Cole Porter and Fats Walter song
books.
Excellent bridge players
A multi-band 3 element beam and resonant loops for the low bands for my ham
radio (with a kilowatt amplifier). Hey, this is MY list, ok?
Choice of Sumatra, Ethiopian, Peaberry and Costa Rican estate coffee (along
with Italian espresso) made with PURE water.
Excellent trivia players
A great library
Real wooden deck loungers with real wool blankets
Gelato

Paul

Old December 19th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Lee

Becca wrote in message ...
If you could create a cruise line that would be perfect for you, what
would your cruise line be like?

Around 500-750 passengers. I'd love to see a floating "spa" with the
entire ship, 24/7 being a spa atmosphere (total immersion), with
everything included - extensive exercise (spinning, aerobics, etc) and
yoga-pilates-tai chi classes all day, spa cuisine (but gourmet like at
Canyon Ranch) at all meals, spa services (facials, massages, body
wraps) included, personalized exercise and nutrition programs,
wellness, natural healing seminars, no-smoking.

Decor? Lots of wood, lots of light, comfortable and quiet sitting
areas all over. The cabins,of course, will all have whirlpool tubs and
steam showers, plus top-of-the-line shampoos, conditioners, bath gels,
lotions, etc. There will always be fresh fruit and bottled water in
the cabin, complimentary. The deck chairs will be nicely spaced, so
you're not on top of your neighbor. And, the chaises will have
padding. The waiters will be walking around with fresh pressed juices
and water - and cucumber slices to place over your eyes .

Basically, take a Canyon Ranch or Golden Door spa and put it on a
ship. I know the QM II will have a "spa", but that's not what I have
in mind. Rather than spend a week at Canyon Ranch on land, where
you're totally immersed in "spa", I just want to transport that to a
ship.

Only problem...it would be a pricey cruise, no doubt.

Lee
Old December 19th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:01:28 GMT, "
wrote:

No free booze -- I don't want to cruise with drunks

Free, I swear, say the word "free" and people will abuse damn near
anything. Social drinkers become drunks because inebriation and
dehydration have no cost.

If you said "I have free bullets and guns for those that will shoot
themselves in the head", they would line up a block long.
Old December 19th, 2003, 06:26 PM
RichandKathy96

We've said that we would like to be on HAL during the day (aft pool,
wrap-around promenade with great bar servers) and on one of the newer NCL
freestyle ships at night (great alternative dining, lounges, entertainment.)