"Tango Buenos Aires" to Debut!

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default "Tango Buenos Aires" to Debut!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

'Tango Buenos Aires' to Debut on Royal Caribbean's Newest Ship, Jewel
of the Seas

Argentinean Dancers, Musicians Capture Romance, Excitement of the
Tango

MIAMI, March 29
From slow, sultry rhythms to fast-paced, feet-pounding beats, the
romance and excitement of the tango has captivated audiences
throughout the ages. Now, Royal Caribbean International is bringing
this exotic Latin-American dance to sea with an exclusive new show,
"Tango Buenos Aires." The show will appear on the line's newest ship,
Jewel of the Seas, which is scheduled to be delivered to the company
on April 23, 2004.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040329/FLM021 )

Featuring popular Argentinean tango couple Ruben and Sabrina Veliz,
"Tango Buenos Aires" takes the audience through the history and
fascinating incarnations of the dance, from the athletic "Apache" to
the "Elegant Tango," reminiscent of the age of Valentino. The daring
of the gauchos is captured in an energetic performance by the entire
show cast, complete with a precision demonstration of bolos, the
legendary lasso-like tool of the famed South American cowboy.
Argentinean musicians join the Royal Caribbean orchestra and featured
vocalists in performing stirring music, including the haunting anthem,
"Don't Cry for Me, Argentina."

"'Tango Buenos Aires' is one of the most exciting shows we've ever
produced and staged," said Maria Sastre, vice president of Hotel
Operations for Royal Caribbean International. "With 'Tango Buenos
Aires,' we continue our long tradition of exceptional entertainment
offerings on our ships. Our production director spent time in Buenos
Aires to learn the rich history and artistry of the dance and to meet
with the incredibly talented dancers and musicians. The result is a
breathtaking, unique show that we are proud to share with our guests
on Jewel of the Seas."

The tango show rounds out an already abundant entertainment lineup set
to debut with Jewel of the Seas. The ship's 915-seat Coral Theater
also will be home to two Broadway-style spectaculars: "City of
Dreams," with tunes from top artists such as Billy Joel, Elton John
and Celine Dion; and "From West End to Broadway," filled with
showstoppers from Cole Porter classics to favorites from blockbuster
musicals like "Les Miserables."

"Guests on Jewel of the Seas will have a wealth of additional
entertainment to enjoy throughout the ship," said Peter Compton,
associate vice president of Entertainment for Royal Caribbean
International. "Jewel has a number of lounges, clubs and bars that
offer outstanding entertainment throughout the cruise."

The Safari Club secondary lounge features dance bands, karaoke nights
and theme parties, while the line's signature, nautical-themed
Schooner Bar is a great gathering place to enjoy sing-along piano
music. Guests can head to the Viking Crown Lounge to dance the night
away at the Vortex nightclub, or enjoy a more intimate evening with
jazz performances or solo artists in the Hollywood Odyssey lounge.

The 2,112-guest Jewel of the Seas is Royal Caribbean's fourth and
final Radiance-class ship. In addition to myriad entertainment
options, Jewel also features a wide range of activities and amenities
to appeal to guests of all ages from the adults-only Solarium and
luxurious ShipShape Day Spa to the rock-climbing wall and miniature
golf course.

Jewel of the Seas will spend the summer in Europe, sailing 12-night
Scandinavia/Russia and British Isles/Norwegian Fjords itineraries from
Harwich, England. In the fall, she will cross the Atlantic to offer
10-night Canada/New England journeys from Boston before repositioning
to Fort Lauderdale for the winter, where she will sail alternating
eight-night Eastern Caribbean and six-night Western Caribbean
itineraries.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand currently with
18 ships in service, and two more under construction or on firm order,
including Jewel of the Seas. The company also offers unique cruisetour
vacations in Alaska, Canada and Europe. For additional information
about the cruise line, please contact your travel professional.