Where to park car when going to Geneva ?

Old December 10th, 2003, 07:17 AM
6656

Default Where to park car when going to Geneva ?

We are staying currently in Annecy. We plan to drive to Geneva but
looking to park my car somewhere convenient and take the tram/train to
Geneva town inself.
Any suggestions on which town coming from France to park ? Any
suggestions to which sides to see in a day.

thanks
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Traveller

"6656" wrote in message
om...
We are staying currently in Annecy. We plan to drive to Geneva but
looking to park my car somewhere convenient and take the tram/train to
Geneva town inself.
Any suggestions on which town coming from France to park ? Any
suggestions to which sides to see in a day.

thanks

Although it's the wrong side of Geneva for you, the motorway around Geneva
makes it easy to get to the airport. At the airport, you can easily park at
the CFF (Swiss Railways) station car park (follow the signs for Parking Gare
CFF) and either hop a train (3-4/hour, 6 min) or a bus (every 8 minutes, 25
minutes) to get to downtown Geneva. The public transport system is
excellent and you can buy a one-day ticket (button "e" on the TPG ticket
machines) that will cover you for train, tram and bus for about CHF6.

For other ideas, see www.tpg.ch - you could park at one of the many
park+ride locations on the outskirts of Geneva - P+R Sous-Moulin for example
is just over the border from Annemasse.

Old December 10th, 2003, 09:48 PM
James Silverton

"Traveller" wrote in message
"6656" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That looks like a fine idea! Is it possible to do anything similar in
Zurich. I always remember parking being difficult to find and expensive in
in-city garages.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA