Caribbean Princess replacing Crown Princess in New York

Old March 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Caribbean Princess replacing Crown Princess in New York

I don't remember seeing this information posted on RTC, again this is
from the CNDs public website.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/

"* The Caribbean Comes to New York
Mar 16 - Since New Yorkers are sailing to the Caribbean on Princess,
Princess thought it only appropriate to bring the Caribbean to them. In
the summer of 2008, Princess will base Caribbean Princess in New York,
sailing 9-night cruises from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to the Eastern
Caribbean.
The ship will replace Crown Princess which established Princess' New
York/Caribbean cruises last summer and will continue them this summer.
Crown Princess will be getting its turn to wow European passengers in
the summer of 2008."

sue
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John & Lola

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I don't remember seeing this information posted on RTC, again this is from
the CNDs public website.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/

"* The Caribbean Comes to New York
Mar 16 - Since New Yorkers are sailing to the Caribbean on Princess,
Princess thought it only appropriate to bring the Caribbean to them. In
the summer of 2008, Princess will base Caribbean Princess in New York,
sailing 9-night cruises from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to the Eastern
Caribbean.
The ship will replace Crown Princess which established Princess' New
York/Caribbean cruises last summer and will continue them this summer.
Crown Princess will be getting its turn to wow European passengers in the
summer of 2008."

sue

Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn will be the only Princess ship in the
Caribbean in the summer of 2008.

Lola in Hamilton

Old March 28th, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

John & Lola wrote:

Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn will be the only Princess ship in the
Caribbean in the summer of 2008.

This I don't like at all!!

Did you find out about this on your last cruise? I didn't think that
Princess had announced their summer 2008 Caribbean schedule yet.

sue
Old March 28th, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

John & Lola wrote:

Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn will be the only Princess ship in the
Caribbean in the summer of 2008.

This I don't like at all!!

Did you find out about this on your last cruise? I didn't think that
Princess had announced their summer 2008 Caribbean schedule yet.

Replying to myself.lol

I just checked the Princess website and you are right. It also seems
that the Caribbean Princess will be doing exactly the same itin that we
did on the Crown Princess last summer.

I have been checking Princess and Travelocity and this only shows up on
Princess now. It must of just come out a day or so ago.

sue - not happy with Princess!!
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John & Lola

--

Jim Steinman

John & Lola wrote:

Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn will be the only Princess ship in the
Caribbean in the summer of 2008.

This I don't like at all!!

Did you find out about this on your last cruise? I didn't think that
Princess had announced their summer 2008 Caribbean schedule yet.

sue

I found out about it on CC. Someone posted the schedules not too long ago.
I don't think I like it either. If it's the only option for Princess to the
Caribbean in the summer then I think the fares will be high. It seems like
Princess thinks that they are better off with their ships in Europe and
Alaska in the summer months. They are also cutting short the season from
New York, like this year with the Crown Princess. They will be sailing
Canada/New England beginning in September instead of the Caribbean up until
the repositioning in October.

Lola in Hamilton

"A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age."

Old March 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"John & Lola" wrote

If it's the only option for Princess to the Caribbean in the summer then I
think the fares will be high. It seems like Princess thinks that they are
better off with their ships in Europe and Alaska in the summer months.

Exactly. They can make more money sailing in Europe and Alaska than in the
Caribbean and that's the bottom line.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

April 29, 2007 GGC2007 http://cruisemaster.com/pride.htm
October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com
January 20, 2008 - Adventure - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm

Old March 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

John & Lola wrote:
I found out about it on CC. Someone posted the schedules not too long
ago. I don't think I like it either. If it's the only option for
Princess to
the
Caribbean in the summer then I think the fares will be high. It seems
like
Princess thinks that they are better off with their ships in Europe and
Alaska in the summer months. They are also cutting short the season from
New York, like this year with the Crown Princess. They will be sailing
Canada/New England beginning in September instead of the Caribbean up
until the repositioning in October.

I also read on CC that the Carribean Princess was replacing the Crown,
but I hadn't read that the C.P. would be the only Princess ship in the
Carribean in the summertime.

We have no interest in a Canada/New England sailing. The repositioning
in October is a great itin. and very good pricing, but the timing
wouldn't be right for us.

I just took a look on the Princess website and aug. 15th is the last
caribbean sailing. The pricing is almost $2000/person in a balcony, very
high IMO.

sue

Old March 29th, 2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I just took a look on the Princess website and aug. 15th is the last
caribbean sailing. The pricing is almost $2000/person in a balcony, very
high IMO.

sue

Gee, I hope not. We're on the Caribbean Princess on August 28 to the
Caribbean. And the balcony prices are a lot lower than that. And I know
there's a September 6 cruise to also to the Caribbean.

--
Greg

Old March 29th, 2007, 04:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Gregory C. Read wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I just took a look on the Princess website and aug. 15th is the last
caribbean sailing. The pricing is almost $2000/person in a balcony, very
high IMO.

sue

Gee, I hope not. We're on the Caribbean Princess on August 28 to the
Caribbean. And the balcony prices are a lot lower than that. And I know
there's a September 6 cruise to also to the Caribbean.

Are you talking about it sailing from Florida or from NY?

I haven't seen the new schedules on travelocity yet, only on the
Princess website.

sue
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read

Gregory C. Read wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I just took a look on the Princess website and aug. 15th is the last
caribbean sailing. The pricing is almost $2000/person in a balcony, very
high IMO.

sue

Gee, I hope not. We're on the Caribbean Princess on August 28 to the
Caribbean. And the balcony prices are a lot lower than that. And I know
there's a September 6 cruise to also to the Caribbean.

Are you talking about it sailing from Florida or from NY?

I haven't seen the new schedules on travelocity yet, only on the Princess
website.

sue

Oops. Never mind. We're on the Crown Princess.

--
Greg ---- Senior Moment