Just returned from cruise - don't get it...

Old July 13th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Cruise Crazy

Default Just returned from cruise - don't get it...

Why are so many of you blaming the cruise industry for the changes
cruise lines have made over the years. They give the customer what they
want.

Motel 6 did not put Sheraton out of business. Nor did MacDonalds destroy
fine dining.

Pricing is the reason those chains have been sucessful and it is the
same in the cruise industry. You will pay more for a better product and
there are several lines that offer more than RCL and Carnival. There are
also those, like Celebrity and Oceania that try to fit int the niche in
between.

~~DORIS~~

Old July 13th, 2004, 04:51 PM

Suggest that you consider another cruise in the future. But....choose
another cruise line, destination, and another TA.

Not all cruise lines constantly hound you with announcements as to
things you can do to "spend money".

So begin by choosing a TA who will work with you, with your cruise
desires in mind.

Arlen

Old July 13th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Mason Barge

Default Excursions -- How Many? (not How Much?) (was Just returned from cruise - don't get it...)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:05:59 -0400, *bicker*
wrote:

A Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:28:47 GMT, "Miso"
escribió:
Personally, I think you got carried away on the cruise. Everything
you did like excursions and spa treatments costs a lot of money.
That's how the cruiseline makes their profit...and on beverages too.
Next time, perhaps try being a bit more frugal and you may surprise
yourself and enjoy the cruise more.

This is a good launching-off point for a question:

How many excursions do folks recommend for a 7-day, 5
port-of-call itinerary?

Miso, here, says that the OP seemed to have gotten carried
away with respect to excursions and spa treatments. Being a
first-time cruiser (really second-time, but the first time
was a very regimented Nile River cruise), what do folks
recommend along those lines?

It completely depends on the port of call. There are very few places
that I would take a ship excursion, but there are exceptions. Like
the extra $10 is worth it to me for the White Pass Railroad.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:54 AM
*bicker*

A Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:45:33 GMT, Benjamin Smith
escribió:
You have a very specific idea of what businesses
must be and what should motivivate all business

Actually, I didn't define the fiduciary responsibilities of
businesses to their owners. The SEC did.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Benjamin Smith

escribió:

You have a very specific idea of what businesses
must be and what should motivivate all business

Actually, I didn't define the fiduciary responsibilities of
businesses to their owners. The SEC did.

Responsibilities I'm addressing are social sensitivity and scope
balancing fiduciary responsibilities.

Ben

Old July 14th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Candy

At first we took an excursion in every port. Now we take an excursion
only if it's in a NEW port or if a lot of friends are going. We really
enjoy ths ship and take advantage of uncrowded pools and discounted spa
treatments.

Candy -- will splurge on a Half Moon Cay Cabana