Barbados

Old September 30th, 2004, 02:08 PM
cruiseingjenny

Default Barbados

Barbados is a beautiful Island filled with many treasures the climate
beaches and people to name just a few. On our arrival at the airport
we where greeted by a bubbly representative Cindy was her name she had
us in stitches of laughter before we could get into our shuttle. On
arrival at our hotel the Royal Pavilion we where received with more
smiling faces. Our entire stay at the resort was superb. We found the
accommodations to be very comfortable the decor was great so was the
food.
Many days we just migrated between our room and the beach what
beautiful beaches they have in Barbados it is hard to leave such a
place. Many days I would just lie on the beach and soak in the beauty
of it all.
We went on several outings whilst on the island. Our first was to the
Islands town Bridgetown. It is a wonderful little town a great mix of
modern stores full of gorgeous jewels a few of which I happily bought
along the way duty free of course ). Mixed with the old statues and
building part of the town is like a miniature Trafalgar square in
England we had a wonderful time in the town. It was also helpful that
there is actually a free shuttle service for visitors that leaves the
hotels on a schedule so there was no need for a cab.
On another day we took a great cruise up the West coast of the Islands
has an awesome time the beaches looked even more beautiful looking
right onto them from the boat. The crew was very friendly and pointed
out Oprah' house to us along with many other homes of the rich and
famous. We also had a great time snorkeling on the cruise and we got
to swim with the sea turtles ) what an experience anyone visiting
the island simply must do this.
Our favorite day on the Island was the day. Yes the day the day we
took a tour with Glory Tours
http://www.glorytours.org
We chose to do the Natural Wonders Tour as we found it to cover many
of the stops we wanted to see. Harrison's Cave Orchid World St Johns
Church bathsheba The East Coast and The Barbados Wildlife Reserve.
From the very start our day started with a laugh when Sarah our tour
guide picked us up for our tour. Laughter that continued the entire
day for us and for everyone else fortunate enough to have gotten a
seat on out tour. He told so many stories of pirates and cannibals
lovers and duels and of cows jumping over cliffs and goats that butt
you in your butt. Oh we had great fun Sarah as it turns out is the
owner of the company and her family has been on the Island many years
in fact her family was given land my King James for fighting in a
battle on behalf of England. Her great grandfather was the first
photographer on the Island and she has great stories to tell.
Aside from the great entertainment the tour offered we enjoyed all the
stops thoroughly. The gorgeous caves the wonderful colors of the
garden the history of the old church and the view oh the views. Lunch
was great as I right this I am hungry and could do with a meal from
Curtis at Sand Dunes a restaurant serving up some great local cuisine.
Our last stop on the tour was the Wild life reserve where we watched
the monkeys at play and laughed in hysterics at a couple from another
tour who turn and ran as soon as the monkeys decided they wanted to
say hello by yanking on the ladies skirt LOL what great fun. If you
ever visit Barbados you must simply hunt down Sarah tell her Jenny and
Paul sent you.
The rest of our trip was spent enjoying the beach and the wonderful
cuisine of the local restaurants like Carmbola the Cliff and Picies
visit them all and leave 10Ibs heavier its well worth it.
So do yourself a favor and holiday in Barbados I will be again.