Fuel Prices

Old August 31st, 2005, 09:55 PM
RichC

Default Fuel Prices

Has anyone had an increase in their cruise price due to the crazy increases
lately? If so, when would they let the pax know prior to the departure
date?

Old August 31st, 2005, 10:17 PM
How B

RichC wrote:
Has anyone had an increase in their cruise price due to the crazy increases
lately? If so, when would they let the pax know prior to the departure
date?

I think this is inevitable if crude prices keep climbing. Stories in
our local paper about how gasoline is supposed to top $3/gal this
weekend, about the damage done to the petroleum industry in the Gulf,
etc. Now we're releasing oil from the strategic reserves.

I remember well the fuel crisis in the 70's. You'd think that after 30
years we would have made some progress on fuel efficiency in the auto
industry. Glad I don't own a Ford Extinction...

There was an articly in the NY Times yesterday about Honda Civic
GSX--runs on natural gas for an equivalent cost of less than $2/gal if
fueling it at a station, or $1.27/gal if filling it at home from your
home's natural gas line.

I'd love to be a Honda dealer right now...G

How B

Old September 1st, 2005, 01:07 AM
dh

"How B" wrote in message
RichC wrote:
[...]

Except my wife is telling me she read an article about natural gas prices
readying for a jump this winter. Sigh.

When you say "equivalent cost," do you mean a gallon of NG is $2 or so (I
supposed you'd liquefy it) or do you mean "enough NG to go the same distance
as you'd go on a gallon of regular gas?"

Old September 1st, 2005, 01:48 AM
HC_Yacht_Deliveries

I'd love to be a Honda dealer right now

Yeah, one that sells the scooters, not cars ;-) Five bucks a gal
already at some places...they are doing it to hold reserves.

Old September 1st, 2005, 02:17 AM
Dick G.

Would that be in your home state of ConnectiCAT?

Golly, Karen, if I was outted as a kitty kat, I probably would not continue
to post as if I was human.

Cat got your tongue?

DG

wrote in message
news:cGlldG1vb3M=.0b820dd1a372a1fedadcd9c1754a54f7 @1125533541.nulluser.com..
..

I have already seen drivers waiting on line to get gas at gas stations
in my home town before the prices rise.

Old September 1st, 2005, 02:22 AM
Jimbo

For younger people(not just kds) I can see a boom in bike sales.
JDR

Old September 1st, 2005, 02:25 AM
Surfer E2468

Have not had the price on our cruise increased yet,the dispute we had
about an over charge was not from the cruise line,it was the fault of
our travel agency,and they rectified it.
We went for a short ride today,and on the way up the highway,gas was
$2.57 a gallon for regular,2 hours on the way home,same station $2 79.
Will just keep seeing it go up. Glad we have a small car.
surfer e2468

Old September 1st, 2005, 02:42 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:
Have not had the price on our cruise increased yet,the dispute we had
about an over charge was not from the cruise line,it was the fault of
our travel agency,and they rectified it.
We went for a short ride today,and on the way up the highway,gas was
$2.57 a gallon for regular,2 hours on the way home,same station $2 79.
Will just keep seeing it go up. Glad we have a small car.

Our local Wawa gas station went from 2.61 this morning to 2.69 by the
evening rush hour. This station is know to mostly have the lowest
prices in the part of NJ.

Surfer, was this on the turnpike or your local station?

sue
Old September 1st, 2005, 02:46 AM
How B

dh wrote:
"How B" wrote in message

RichC wrote:

[...]

The latter. The article is at
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/au...es/28AUTO.html

The site requires registration, but you can bypass this with a password from
www.bugmenot.com

How B

Old September 1st, 2005, 02:48 AM
Surfer E2468

Sue :
This was on rt.38 going north also in our hometown they raised it by .40
since yesterday surfer e2468