from oakland to SF

Old December 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default from oakland to SF

Hello guys!
I wonder how far is Oakland from San Francisco . I just checked jet
blue and they don't fly to SF, but to Oakland, CA...what about taking a
cab from there? or is there any public transportation from there?
And my idea was to return LA to NY, but again jet blue doesn't have
flights from LA. I think the closest is Burbank, right ??
thanks Juan

Old December 9th, 2005, 03:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"juanito" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello guys!
I wonder how far is Oakland from San Francisco . I just checked jet
blue and they don't fly to SF, but to Oakland, CA...what about taking a
cab from there? or is there any public transportation from there?
And my idea was to return LA to NY, but again jet blue doesn't have
flights from LA. I think the closest is Burbank, right ??
thanks Juan

Bay Area Rapid Transit (subway) will take you from the Oakland Airport
(after taking a shuttle bus, AirBART) to major destinations throughout the
Bay Area, including San Francisco.

And jetBlue has a lot more flights to Long Beach than to Burbank. Depending
on where you're planning to go in LA, Long Beach might be more convenient.

Old December 9th, 2005, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"juanito" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello guys!
I wonder how far is Oakland from San Francisco . I just checked jet
blue and they don't fly to SF, but to Oakland, CA...what about taking a
cab from there? or is there any public transportation from there?
And my idea was to return LA to NY, but again jet blue doesn't have
flights from LA. I think the closest is Burbank, right ??
thanks Juan

$2 BART bus shuttle to the Coliseum BART station and then about $3 to SF.
About 30 minutes total + waiting for the train / shuttle. Trains run about
every 20 minutes during the day.

Old December 9th, 2005, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"J-Man" wrote in
.net:
Bay Area Rapid Transit (subway) will take you from the Oakland Airport
(after taking a shuttle bus, AirBART) to major destinations throughout
the Bay Area, including San Francisco.

BART goes to Oakland and San Francisco, but not the north bay (Marin, etc.)
or the south bay (Silicon Valley, etc.).
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Ken wrote:
J-Man:

Bay Area Rapid Transit (subway) will take you from the Oakland Airport
(after taking a shuttle bus, AirBART) to major destinations throughout
the Bay Area, including San Francisco.

BART goes to Oakland and San Francisco, but not the north bay (Marin, etc.)
or the south bay (Silicon Valley, etc.).

To Marin, take BART to Richmond/El Cerrito del Norte or downtown SF,
and Golden Gate Transit buses from there (www.goldengatetransit.org).

To South Bay, take BART to Millbrae and Caltrain from there.

But IIRC the original poster asked for connections to SF.

.... Martin
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 8 Dec 2005 18:14:52 -0800, "juanito"
wrote:

Hello guys!
I wonder how far is Oakland from San Francisco . I just checked jet
blue and they don't fly to SF, but to Oakland, CA...what about taking a
cab from there? or is there any public transportation from there?
And my idea was to return LA to NY, but again jet blue doesn't have
flights from LA. I think the closest is Burbank, right ??
thanks Juan

Avoid the cab, especially during rush hours. It is an expensive
cab ride even when the route is clear, but if there is a major
traffic snarl you might end up sitting in the cab watching the
meter ticfk off time. The problem is there is really only one way
in to San Francisco: the Bay Bridge.

I would suggest the AirBART shuttle from OAK to BART and tehn
BART into SF. About five dollars total.

But where exactly in SF are you headed? In SF there are a number
of choices for getting from a BART station to other points.

Old December 10th, 2005, 07:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Martin Bienwald" wrote in message
Ken wrote:
J-Man:

Bay Area Rapid Transit (subway) will take you from the Oakland Airport
(after taking a shuttle bus, AirBART) to major destinations throughout
the Bay Area, including San Francisco.

BART goes to Oakland and San Francisco, but not the north bay (Marin,
etc.)
or the south bay (Silicon Valley, etc.).

To Marin, take BART to Richmond/El Cerrito del Norte or downtown SF,
and Golden Gate Transit buses from there (www.goldengatetransit.org).

To South Bay, take BART to Millbrae and Caltrain from there.

But IIRC the original poster asked for connections to SF.

... Martin

You can take BART to Fremont also and then bus to San Jose.

Old December 10th, 2005, 09:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Thank you guys...great info...I'l still don'yt know where I'm going
exactly in SF, cause I'll rent a room through interval...I'll be in SF
for about one week and then I'll be heading down to LA. Should go I go
to the wine county on my way down to LA or instead during my stay in
SF?
thanks

And where can I rent a cheap car in SF?
Juan

Old December 11th, 2005, 09:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

juanito wrote:

Thank you guys...great info...I'l still don'yt know where I'm going
exactly in SF, cause I'll rent a room through interval...I'll be in SF
for about one week and then I'll be heading down to LA. Should go I go
to the wine county on my way down to LA or instead during my stay in
SF?
thanks

DURING.

Wine Country is AWAY from the way to L.A.

And where can I rent a cheap car in SF?
Juan

Go with Dollar or Enterprise. Get online at dollar.com or enterprise.com
and book BUT try to get the car at the airport as both have better prices
when you get the cars from the airport.

Oh, and NO I'm NOT a SHILL for either of them.