visa for american citizens

Old June 19th, 2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
prometheus

Default visa for american citizens

any visa requirements for American citizens visiting OZ and NZ?
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

"prometheus" wrote in message
any visa requirements for American citizens visiting OZ and NZ?

See http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/index.htm
and http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/visit/ for requirements.

Don't use that national visas mob, who continually bore us to death on this
newsgroup with their incessant spam.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old June 19th, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
C. Dewick

prometheus writes:

any visa requirements for American citizens visiting OZ and NZ?

Yes - check with any of the Australian consulates in the US for all the
details.

Craig.
--
Craig Dewick - HO-Scale Railway Modeller and Professional Train Manager at
http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd or if you're game!
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Yes! But - you're elligible for an ETA - which yout travel agent will
normally obtain at no cost to you - or you yourself can get one - online
from the Immogration deprtemetn - instantly - for about $20.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Old June 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John Kulp

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:49:54 +1000, " A Mate"
wrote:

Yes! But - you're elligible for an ETA - which yout travel agent will
normally obtain at no cost to you - or you yourself can get one - online
from the Immogration deprtemetn - instantly - for about $20.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

True for OZ. You don't need a visa for NZ.
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
prometheus

Thank you all. I read all the links. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

So I need either a visa or ETA to enter OZ if I want to visit.
Neither Visa or ETA is required to visit NZ.

My airline ticket will stop in OZ to continue its route to NZ. They
offer me the option to stay in Australia overnight (that means leaving
the airport, get a hotel, etc...)

So if I'll just stay at the aussie airport, I don't a visa or ETA. If
I take door#2, then I'd need an ETA pass because I'll actually be in
aussie territory..

Did I get it right?

Old June 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

prometheus wrote in news:0a063f93-80fc-4012-a258-
:

Thank you all. I read all the links. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

So I need either a visa or ETA to enter OZ if I want to visit.
Neither Visa or ETA is required to visit NZ.

My airline ticket will stop in OZ to continue its route to NZ. They
offer me the option to stay in Australia overnight (that means leaving
the airport, get a hotel, etc...)

So if I'll just stay at the aussie airport, I don't a visa or ETA. If
I take door#2, then I'd need an ETA pass because I'll actually be in
aussie territory..

Did I get it right?

Sounds right. Australia does allow people to stay in the international
zone if they are through pax unlikethe US where all must clear
immigration at first US stop even if connecting to an international
flight. I guess a check of you nationality would help us. OZ then NZ is
unusual if coing from North America where there are many Us NZ Aus
flights both Air NZ and Qantas do it. I am not familiar with a similar
itinerary that goes to Aus first as it is further. Are you flying in
from Asia or Europe then?

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old June 20th, 2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
prometheus

Sounds right. Australia does allow people to stay in the international
zone if they are through pax unlikethe US where all must clear
immigration at first US stop even if connecting to an international
flight.

Yeap...that's why I was confused. You do that here in
the US.

I guess a check of you nationality would help us.

USA

OZ then NZ is unusual if coing from North America where there are many Us NZ Aus
flights both Air NZ and Qantas do it.

True. At the time of booking I wasn't sure if I
wanted to take the extra day Qantas was offering. And also at that
time Qantas was offering a flight to NZ through Australia that was
cheaper than going straight to NZ on other airlines. Plus I've always
wanted to say that I've been to Australia --just for fun. My final
destination will be NZ for a few weeks though.

I am not familiar with a similar
itinerary that goes to Aus first as it is further. Are you flying in
from Asia or Europe then?

Hawaii.