Crab, slips, and crossed controls

Old September 24th, 2008, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,lalt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.travel.air
Ari[_2_]

Default Crab, slips, and crossed controls

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:00:14 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Stefan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip schrieb:

You're full of ****, stefan.

Still better than completely hollow like you.

Slips are slips no matter where you are and slips, while
aerodynamically identical have different references.

Of course they have different references... visual references, that
is: In one, you look straight ahead, in the other, you look slightly
to one side. I'm fully aware that this difference is enough for simple
minded like you to think they are two different maneuvres.

Yeah, right backpedaling boi.

Bertie

Bert, first time Little Luke took me up in his Velocity, he failed to
inform me that the rudder system is different from ˇ§conventionalˇ¨
aircraft in both design and performance. In most aircraft the rudder
pedals are interconnected. Pushing down on one rudder pedal causes a
corresponding movement in the opposite (upward) direction of the other.

LL says to me, let's slip this baby home. Taje the center stick."

Uh, like first of all, I'm not LHanded. Then I find the rudder pedals.
lol

I was quick to note that the rudder pedals in the Velocity operate
independent from each other,what I they failed to notice is that much of
the sensory feedback with respect to rudder deployment is ****faced
gone. Push one rudder pedal in the Velocity and the other remains
motionless. Cessna and Piper pilots like me learn to rest both feet on
the rudder pedals to get a ˇ§feelˇ¨ for the rudder position. Transferring
this habit to the Velocity invites a common mistake ˇV the unintentional
deployment of one (or both!) rudder(s) in flight.

I passed the slip back to Little Puker.
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,lalt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.travel.air
Bertie the Bunyip[_5_]

Ari wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip schrieb:

[...]

Yes, I've heard about this feature in that type of airplane. I'm going
to get a chance to fly a Long Eze pretty soon and I believe it works the
same way. You can use both together as a speed brake, yes?

Bertie