Safest Places in the US?

Old April 9th, 2006, 03:55 AM posted to alt.survival,alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

Default Safest Places in the US?

John wrote:
I just wondered what states people would regard as being some of the
safest places to live in the USA?

I think the 4 horsemen of the feckuplyss are pretty well covering
Chimpzillandwana at the moment.

Come to Britain: http://www.werenotafraid.com/images/765/index.html

Old April 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

Weatherlawyer wrote:
John wrote:
I just wondered what states people would regard as being some of the
safest places to live in the USA?

I think the 4 horsemen of the feckuplyss are pretty well covering
Chimpzillandwana at the moment.

Come to Britain: http://www.werenotafraid.com/images/765/index.html

Well, my state has more atomic weapons than any other in the US. That
makes us both a target and some bad ass mutha fukkas.

--
Monsignor Tartarus Sanctus
Old April 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

Tartarus Sanctus wrote:

Well, my state has more atomic weapons than any other in the US. That
makes us both a target and some bad ass mutha fukkas.

ehhh...nah... not quite.

Do you see the first nuclear war was conducted as an arms race in the
middle of WW II. The combatants -eventually being Britain and the USA
on the one side and Germany and Japan on the other gave us the staus
quo and kept it despite recent developments in Asia

(Russia at the time taking advantage of both allies and axis research,
conducting little if any of their own.)

The first nuclear war ended the Second World War and started the third
one.

This was the Cold War and the participants developed their bombs with
the understanding that they would never be used on the opposite sides
but that each member of the allied states on whichever side, would test
their own weapons on their own people.

The exceptions to this rule were Britain which tested their weapons on
Australians and France which tested theirs on brown skinned people all
over the Pacific.

So any agglomeration of nuclear facilities made the occupants of such
regions the ones most at risk from their own governments not from any
others. The same might be said for the facilities which were to produce
such deadly weapons.

Hence the problems at the sites of early nuclear power stations. A
problem that has served to harm long term developments and acceptance
of the things.

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

"Tartarus Sanctus" wrote in message

Well, I suppose Eureka, Nevada is quite safe, though rather remote and not
very scenic. Ouray, Colorado is probably quite safe as is Lake City and
both are scenic. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

Alohacyberian wrote:

"Tartarus Sanctus" wrote in message

Well, I suppose Eureka, Nevada is quite safe, though rather remote and not
very scenic.

I love Austin, Nevada.

Ouray, Colorado is probably quite safe as is Lake City and
both are scenic. KM

--
There are only two kinds of Republicans: Millionaires and fools.
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

On 2006-04-10 14:10:52 -0400, GW Chimpzilla's Eye-Rack Neocon Utopia
said:

Alohacyberian wrote:

"Tartarus Sanctus" wrote in message

Well, I suppose Eureka, Nevada is quite safe, though rather remote and not
very scenic.

I love Austin, Nevada.
Ouray, Colorado is probably quite safe as is Lake City and both are scenic. KM

I'd suggest Argyle, NY. It's absolutely MILES from anywhere important
and is a dry town, besides.

Of course, there's lots of cold weather and there are major snowstorms
in the winter.

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

sechumlib wrote:

I'd suggest Argyle, NY. It's absolutely MILES from anywhere important
and is a dry town, besides.

Of course, there's lots of cold weather and there are major snowstorms
in the winter.

Snow storms aren't a major problem. Living in an area where snow is a fact of life in
the winter, you get used to it and learn to deal with. I have to admit that I do find
it entertaining when I hear about "snow storms" in the southern US where roads are icy
and treacherous after a snow fall that would be considered to be insignificant here.
Every city and town has a stockpile of salt and sand to spread on the roads and a
fleet of plow trucks. Snow is one of the few natural disasters that most of us here
look forward to and enjoy.

Old April 10th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
sechumlib wrote:

[...]

Speak for yourself. I grew up in Montana and snow IS a major problem.

Robert

Old April 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM posted to alt.talk.weather,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.politics.bush

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:57:23 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

sechumlib wrote:

I'd suggest Argyle, NY. It's absolutely MILES from anywhere important
and is a dry town, besides.

Of course, there's lots of cold weather and there are major snowstorms
in the winter.

Snow storms aren't a major problem. Living in an area where snow is a fact of life in
the winter, you get used to it and learn to deal with. I have to admit that I do find
it entertaining when I hear about "snow storms" in the southern US where roads are icy
and treacherous after a snow fall that would be considered to be insignificant here.
Every city and town has a stockpile of salt and sand to spread on the roads and a
fleet of plow trucks. Snow is one of the few natural disasters that most of us here
look forward to and enjoy.

Although I grew so hate the winter I lived through in Montreal, I
admit to a certain awe and admiration for the way the handle
snow. The first big snow fell on a sundy evening. I was a grad
student at McGill Univerisyt and my wife was teaching in one of
the public schools. Late Sunday eveing the snow was quite deep
and I commented that it looked like we'd have a snow day the next
day, an assumption based on our lives growing up in northeastern
Ohio.

Early Monday morning I told my wife I'd check weather conditions
outside, so I went down to the front door of our apartment
building to check the street. Damn! The street was completely
plowed; they ahd been plowing through the night.

My wife drove me down to Town of Mount Royal to catch a train
into downtown. Damned if the Town had not only plowed the snow
off the streets, they'd taken it away.