Tuxedo Rental on Inspiration

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM
David G. Wagner

Default Tuxedo Rental on Inspiration

I think I remember reading a review in which the person said they rented
a tuxedo for themselves after they were on the ship, is this possible?
If so would anyone know the pricing? If it s I'm considering it just to
have 3 less suits to pack for my sons and I in December.
If there's a page I could go to I'd be appreciative for a link also.

Thanks for your help as usual everyone.

David

http://community.webtv.net/Positive_...TDOWNTOTHE50TH

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Danny Hamilton

I don't know about making the arrangements once you get on the ship, but you
can make arrangements ahead of time and have the formal wear waiting for you
on the ship.

Look at Carnival's website www.carnival.com

Choose "Gifts & Services" from the options across the top of the page.

At the bottom of the options on the left side of the page you will find
"Formal Wear"

Click there and choose your formal wear.

Or just click he

http://gifts.carnival.com/Catalog.asp?CategoryID=9

- Danny

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Patrick M. Murray

Try this:
http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

Bon Voyage!
Patrick

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Danny Hamilton

Patrick,

I had thought of that ( I am using cruiselineformal.com for my RCCL cruise),
but they don't seem to do Carnival.

Since he said he would be on the Inspiration, I think he needs to make his
formal wear arrangements directly with Carnival. See my previous post for
the link to their formal wear rental page.

- Danny

Old September 15th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Barry Cooper

As someone else said, you can make arrangements ahead of time with Carnival
(they suggest you go to a tux shop and have them measure you - don't forget
to try on shoes as well if you are renting them to get the correct size).

I was on the Inspiration in June and had pre-arranged for tuxes for myself
and my 3 sons (28, 21 and 16). The shoes were missing from my order. There
was a time on the first formal night where they would rent tuxes and shoes
(it was in one of the dining rooms as there is no formal shop on the
Inspiration). They seemed to have a pretty good supply of tuxes and shoes.

BTW, my advice is to try on your tux (assuming you rent from the ship ahead
of time) as soon as it is in your room in case there are any problems (you
don't want to repeat my high school senior prom adventure )

Barry

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Patrick M. Murray

Oooops! You are right after I verified this link and discovered that it has
no relationship with Carnival. Thanks for making a point. Smile!
Bon Voyage!
Patrick

et...

Old September 15th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Danny Hamilton

Yes Major, but what if you (as the OP mentioned) don't already own tuxes?
What if instead you own suits? Even with a garment bag, clothes have a
tendency to get wrinkled. With the airlines only allowing 1 piece of
carry-on luggage per person, you often end up having to check the
luggage/bag with the suit. With the way airlines handle checked luggage
this is just more opportunity for the garments to look less than optimal
when you arrive at the cruise.

Having a tux waiting for you on the ship is a nice convenience. I don't
know where you rent your tuxes from, but I've never gotten a "sweaty"
rental. They've always been cleaned prior to the rental. And as long as
you have the correct measurements, it shouldn't be "ill-fitting" either.

I agree that if you own a tux, this would be an opportunity to wear it, but
I get plenty of opportunities to wear a dark suit. Since I don't have a lot
of opportunities to wear a tux, I just rent one. This sounds like a good
option for the OP as well.

- Danny

"Major" wrote in message

If all three of you really(?) own tuxes, it is absurd that you would
submit your self to sweaty, ill-fitting rentals that cost a couple
hundred dollars, to avoid the indignity of "packing". People who
actually own tuxes that fit look forward to the chance to use them on
cruises.

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:32 PM
User 1.nospam

I couldn't afford to rent a tux after I saw what they go for on Ebay...I got
a barely used 'after six' coat, pants, vest for $60.00...can't rent one for
that. (true, I still had to get shoes, shirt, studs and tie, but I had about
the same amount as a one-time rental when I got done)

user1 ---ready for the next cruise, tux and all!