Question about getting money refunded.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:31 AM
Sara Bronson

Default Question about getting money refunded.

Thought some of you may know so......

Last week my wife and I were supposed to go on a cruise to the Bahamas.

The day before we were about to leave we had a death in the family so,
of course, we cancelled our plans.

We called up our travel agent and she said that because we did not buy
travel insurance we were "out of luck" and could get any money back. Nor
could our credit card company that we charged the trip on do anything.

Do we have any other options?

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:56 AM
Mike Cordelli

Without insurance probably not. You can try and deal with the cruise line
for some type of discount for a future cruise, but that's a very long shot
that probably won't do anything for you.

You agreed to cancellation policies when you got the cruise, so the credit
card couldn't refund your money either.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:45 AM
Plasma

Regretful for your loss, it is not the fault of the cruise line. Their
cabin went empty. You are not entitled to a refund unless you bought
insurance. Anything the cruise line does for you will be a gesture of good
will.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:21 AM
HDawson228

Another good case for travel insurance. So very sorry for your personal loss.
Just lost Mom last month.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:40 AM
Cal Ford

Sorry for your personal loss. Your Agent is correct in that the Cruise Line is
not obligated to refund your money. That said however, with the help of your
Agent you should write a letter to the Cruise Line setting forth all the
pertinent details and ask that some consideration be given. Perhaps they will
credit a portion of the lost fare towards a future Cruise. One fact is for sure,
nothing will happen if you do not ask.

Cal Ford
http://www.lidodeckcruises.com
800-511-4417