CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW DEPLOYMENT FOR CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM AND CELEBRITY MERCURY

Old September 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW DEPLOYMENT FOR CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM AND CELEBRITY MERCURY

I came across this and thought it would be of interest.....

CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW DEPLOYMENT FOR CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM AND
CELEBRITY MERCURY

Vacationers now have new options from Baltimore and Charleston

MIAMI * September 22, 2008 * Celebrity Cruises today announced new
itineraries for Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Mercury, presenting
guests with new cruise vacation options from the historic coastal
cities of Baltimore, Maryland, and Charleston, South Carolina, along
with the brand¹s popular Caribbean cruises from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Correspondingly, the line announced plans to discontinue its Australia
and New Zealand cruises previously scheduled for late-2009 and 2010 on
Celebrity Millennium. ³Australia and New Zealand are charming and
beautiful destinations, and we¹re confident we¹ll return again as our
brand and fleet grows,² said Celebrity¹s President & CEO Dan Hanrahan.
³Currently, though, our travel agent partners and guests have
repeatedly said they want more options to sail with Celebrity from the
Eastern seaboard, where our brand was founded, and still has a very
large and loyal base of cruisers. So, we¹re pleased to present some
very attractive new cruise vacations from that region.²

CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM TAKES ON CELEBRITY MERCURY¹S TERRITORY

The 2,038-guest Celebrity Millennium will cap its 2009 season in Alaska
with cruises previously scheduled for the 1,898-guest Celebrity
Mercury, offering more capacity on the popular sailings. The
itineraries will reflect those previously announced for Celebrity
Mercury, with the addition of a 12-night wine-themed cruise departing
from Vancouver on September 28, 2009, followed by an eastbound,
16-night Panama Canal cruise on October 10, 2009, from San Diego to San
Juan, where Celebrity Millennium will offer a series of 10- and
11-night Southern Caribbean cruises roundtrip from San Juan, beginning
October 26, 2009. Ports of call on the Southern Caribbean itineraries
include Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao,
Aruba, St. Croix, St. Kitts and Dominica, with slight variations
between the 10- and 11-night sailings.

Guests with reservations on the sailings previously scheduled for
Celebrity Mercury will be contacted and re-accommodated on the same
sailing dates on Celebrity Millennium, at the rates paid.

CELEBRITY MERCURY OFFERS NEW OPTIONS ON THE EASTERN SEABOARD

Celebrity Mercury will sail a 17-night Panama Canal cruise from San
Diego on October 23, 2009, ending in Baltimore. There, from November
2009 to February 2010, the ship will present a series of new 12-night
Eastern Caribbean cruises visiting St. Thomas; St. Kitts; Antigua; St.
Maarten, and Tortola, BVI, as well as four 9-night cruises visiting
Charleston; Key West, Fla., and Cococay and Nassau, Bahamas.

Celebrity Mercury then will present a series of 10- and 11-night
Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages from Charleston from February
through April 2010, with visits to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts
and Tortola on the eastern series, and Key West; Costa Maya, Mexico;
Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico, and Nassau on the western lineup.

The new itineraries on Celebrity Mercury replace the Southern Caribbean
cruises from San Juan previously scheduled from November 2009 to April
2010. Guests with affected bookings will be contacted and offered the
option to be reaccommodated in like accommodations on identical
Southern Caribbean itineraries on Celebrity Millennium at the rate
paid.

Guests holding either individual or group reservations on Celebrity
Millennium¹s previously scheduled Australia and New Zealand cruises
between October 9, 2009 and March 22, 2010, will be offered the option
to either re-book on Celebrity Millennium¹s Australia and New Zealand
cruises between October 17, 2008 and April 12, 2009, subject to
availability, at the prevailing rate, and will receive a $600
per-stateroom or $800 per-suite onboard credit. Alternatively, these
guests may re-book Celebrity Millennium¹s new Panama Canal or Southern
Caribbean sailings between October 10, 2009 and April 16, 2010, and
receive a $200 per stateroom and $400 per suite onboard credit.

All guests and travel agent partners with affected bookings will be
contacted by Celebrity Cruises. A special toll-free line also has been
established to answer questions: 1-888-281-9343. The number is the same
for both individual and group bookings.

Any reservations on the late-2009 and early-2010 Celebrity Millennium
sailings in Australia and New Zealand that have not been moved or
cancelled by Friday, October 3, 2008, will be cancelled automatically.

--
Charles
Old September 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Sep 21, 9:49*am, Charles wrote:
I came across this and thought it would be of interest.....

But ... I can't find your contact information ... no phone number ...
no web site link ...

Old September 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
number6 wrote:

But ... I can't find your contact information ... no phone number ...
no web site link ...

I know this is not what you mean LOL, but I accidently left off the
third page of the Press Release when I cut and paste the pdf. In the
interests of accuracy here it is:

Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise
experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and
extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska,
Australia/New Zealand, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean,
Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal and
South America. The line also offers unique cruisetour vacations in
Alaska, Australia, Canada, Europe and South America. Noted for four of
the top ten "Top Cruise Ships in the World" in the large-ship category,
as voted by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler (February 2008 readers¹
poll), Celebrity's current fleet will be joined by Celebrity Solstice
in 2008, Celebrity Equinox in 2009, Celebrity Eclipse in 2010, and a
fourth Solstice-class ship in 2011. For more information, call your
travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit www.celebritycruises.com.

--
Charles
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
James

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article

[...]

Gloogeburg posted this a week ago.

Old September 25th, 2008, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Sep 21, 10:49�am, Charles wrote:
I came across this and thought it would be of interest.....

CELEBRITY CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW DEPLOYMENT FOR CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM AND
CELEBRITY MERCURY

Charles

I think 09 vIKING CRUISE may have been discovered. hmmm 9 night from
Baltimore..... I always wanted to go to CHARLESTON, Every client i
send there comes back raving at its charm, THIS MAY WORK END OF
NOVEMBER
ANY thoughts

Old September 25th, 2008, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
Susette wrote:

I think 09 vIKING CRUISE may have been discovered. hmmm 9 night
from Baltimore..... I always wanted to go to CHARLESTON, Every
client i send there comes back raving at its charm, THIS MAY WORK
END OF NOVEMBER
ANY thoughts

No way I could go Thanksgiving week.

--