Princess cruises to Caribbean

Old April 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

Default Princess cruises to Caribbean

"LVTravel" wrote in message ...

"Jr." wrote in message
We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7 day
cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it
costs us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

When we did the B-to-B on the Caribbean Princess in December (San Juan) we
did not have to leave the ship. Was listed by the cruise line as a 14 day
"logical" cruise which of course was two 7 day cruises. While we only got
one cruise credit for the Captain's Circle and military service ($250 for
the 14 day cruise but if had been two one week ones would have been 2 X
$100) on board credit, we actually got two one week free 150 minute internet
packages (Platinum members) for both the wife and myself.

What they did was provide the new room key card (for the same room) the
night before port to change out passengers. After they had offloaded the
ones leaving they provided a place on the ship to go and swipe out with the
old card and swipe in with the new card. If you chose to leave the ship they
give you a special "paper" card for an "in transit" passenger so that you
can get back onboard easily. We did NOT have to participate in the second
emergency drill.

Princess does have RT from Ft. Lauderdale into the canal and back which
lasts for 10 days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

I knew it would count as one cruise but it also counts as 14 days toward the
150 needed
for elite status.
Thanks for the info.

Old April 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick Dedic

On 4/10/2011 4:15 PM, Jr. wrote:
We have maxed out on 10 day cruises, doing both itineraries from Ft.
Lauderdale twice now.
We were looking at 14 day cruises but they are nothing more than two 7
day cruises back to back.
We hate the idea of having to go back to Ft. Lauderdale on day 7 to
discharge and pick up another load of passengers.

Won't go out of San Juan due to airfare being more than twice what it
costs us to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone know if you have to get off the ship when it lands back in Ft.
Lauderdale? I know we won't have to do the muster drill the second time
around.

We had to get off and then back on in one group to satisfy Homeland
Security. We were herded from the show lounge to the off loading ramp
and in a long line, past the Homeland "inspectors" and then directly
back on to the ship. We could then get off again and wander around the
port area until we had to be on back for departure. Everyone, even the
Customs and Immigrations agents got a good chuckle over our parade. But,
no kidding, the ship could then declare that all passengers from the
previous cruise had disembarked. They should have lined the parade with
red-tape markers and make work stop signs.

On the other hand, I think the bars and hot tubs were open as soon as we
got back on and with no unpacking to do we just chilled.
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Jr." wrote in message

"LVTravel" wrote in message ...

"Jr." wrote in message
[...]

Actually on the next cruise after the 150 days occurs or 15 completed
cruises (even if the cruise is only on day long as verified by the Captain's
Circle representative on the Caribbean Princess when I asked.) Per the web
site: "Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following
completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days."

I'll probably get the Ultimate status on cruises before I get it on cruise
days unless I can get someone to send me on one of the around-the-world
cruises.

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Actually, the ultimate status is called "Elite" on Princess, and they
count passenger days not cruises at this time.

This is far more fair as too many Princess and Royal Caribbean
passengers were racking up lots of cruises on 3/3/4/5 & day voyages.

Actually, I just returned from a 10 day, and will leave on a 4 day later
this week.

Gadget

Gadget

Old April 13th, 2011, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

Actually, the ultimate status is called "Elite" on Princess, and they
count passenger days not cruises at this time.

Wrong. On Princess they count either number of cruises or cruise days.
You get to Elite after either 15 cruises or 150 cruise days.

--
Charles
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 4/12/2011 9:58 PM, Gadget World wrote:
Actually, the ultimate status is called "Elite" on Princess, and they
count passenger days not cruises at this time.

This is far more fair as too many Princess and Royal Caribbean
passengers were racking up lots of cruises on 3/3/4/5& day voyages.

Actually, I just returned from a 10 day, and will leave on a 4 day later
this week.

Gadget

Gadget

Royal Caribbean changed their program early this year. Those 3 day
cruisers aren't getting the credit they used to get. It's more about
days than cruises.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old April 14th, 2011, 04:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:16:08 -0400, (Cruise Crazy)
wrote:

I think it depends more on the port than on the line. In Miami you
will probably have to leave the ship.

On our last B2B cruise on Princes, we did have to get off the ship but
they had us waiting for a short time inside the terminal area. No 2nd
muster drill. But it really won't make any difference even if you
change rooms. We have done it both ways.

On RCI out of Tampa we stayed on the ship and did have a 2nd muster
drill...go figure??? There we changed cabins

On Oceania we had to leave the ship and the terminal. That was Miami.
Same cabin

On Celebrity out of Miami, we left the ship and did have muster drill by
movie in the dining room. Changed cabins.

We are doing another back to back this month thru the Panama Canal and
back to Ft Lauderdale. Same cabin. 4th or 5th Panama cruise but 1st time
all the way thru. This was actually booked as a 29 day cruise instead of
2 10 day cruises.

We did more or less the same - each leg could have been booked
separately or you could do both together as one 32 day cruise.

We also did a B2B on our cruise around South America on Princess. But we
had an excursion on the day they changed passengers and don't know how
they work it in Santiago. Same cabin.

It seems to be different on different lines and in diferent ports.

I've never had to leave the terminal - just get off, go through
immigration and get back on. Usually they have all of us meet in a
lounge on the ship, and when everyone else is off, they escort us off
and to the head of any lines that there are, and then we can get back
on before the other pax board.

We have done the following

B2B out of Norfolk on HAL - did not have to leave the ship, but we did
have to change rooms, and go through the muster drill again

B2B out of Miami on NCL - did have to leave the ship although we did
not change rooms. I think we also had to do the muster drill again

B2B from Ft. Lauderdale to Peru and back on HAL - did not have to get
off the ship, but we did anyway because we were on an excursion. I
think we all had to go through muster drill again.

B2B from Baltimore on RCI - did have to get off the ship, and we were
going through the muster drill but about half way through they said we
didn't have to stay. I think that was more because I was in a
wheelchair and they did the drill out on the deck and it was really
cold and windy rather than because we were b2b
Old April 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Gadget World" wrote in message
Actually, the ultimate status is called "Elite" on Princess, and they
count passenger days not cruises at this time.

This is far more fair as too many Princess and Royal Caribbean
passengers were racking up lots of cruises on 3/3/4/5 & day voyages.

Actually, I just returned from a 10 day, and will leave on a 4 day later
this week.

Gadget

Gadget

Yes it is Elite, damn mind went again...(but it is their "Ultimate" level
after all.) As Princess is owned by Carnival they hold to either the number
of cruises or number of sailing days as my web site quote stated. RCL did
change their policy a while ago and I hope that Princess leaves theirs
alone.