Freedom of the Seas

Old April 18th, 2011, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Freedom of the Seas

On 4/17/2011 6:24 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/17/11 6:20 PM, Marcia wrote:

The "hump" was already sold out for the end of January, but our room is
pretty close to it.

Marcia

Any cabin close to the elevator just saves walking. Not important to be
on the "hump".

Does the hump have bigger balconies like on the Solstice class ships? I
got one of them in CC on Silhouette later this year.

Bill
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/17/11 7:22 PM, Bill wrote:
On 4/17/2011 6:24 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/17/11 6:20 PM, Marcia wrote:

The "hump" was already sold out for the end of January, but our room is
pretty close to it.

Marcia

Any cabin close to the elevator just saves walking. Not important to be
on the "hump".

Does the hump have bigger balconies like on the Solstice class ships? I
got one of them in CC on Silhouette later this year.

Bill

I don't think so. But I'm not 100% positive. The walkway inside the
ship also juts out following the hump. So I think it's just the hallway
and balcony walls that are angled a little.

--Tom
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peter Foldes

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:46:23 -0500, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
On 4/17/2011 11:17 AM, Marsha wrote:
In , says...

On 4/15/2011 7:35 PM, Marcia wrote:
On 4/15/2011 6:25 AM, battlecruiser wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:26 pm, wrote:
33 days and counting. Does anyone have any tidbits or tips about FOS?
A hidden spot for relaxing or viewing? A little ice cream stand
that's
hard to find? Does FOS have a deck that that goes completely around
the
ship? What do I need to know about getting around FOS? Thanks.

Marsha

FOS is a very nice ship with lots to do. You can walk all the way
around the ship most days. There is a promenade that goes around the
sides and the stern. On either side, the forward end of the promenade
takes you to staircases that will take you up to the bow area where
the helicopter landing pad is located. The bow area is sometimes
closed due to the weather.

Perhaps my profile and photo tour of FOS will be helpful.
http://www.beyondships.com/FOStour.html

Thanks for posting that link. We're sailing on the Freedom of the Seas
next January, so I enjoyed looking at it.

Marcia

We'll get it ready for you, Marcia!

Marsha

I can't pass up the opportunity to say "Hello" to Marsha/OH and Marcia
G.

Marsha, no cruises planned

Marsha, Marcia, Marsha!

Sorry, I could not pass up the opportunity to say that, either!

Bill

How about "Yes, send in my john"!

I'm appalled. Not that you seek sex outside of marriage, this is
taught by example by Roman Cathoholic priests. Ed has gone to all that
trouble to duct tape those popsickle sticks to the back of his dick
and for what?
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Larry & Kim

On Apr 17, 8:20*pm, Tom K wrote:
On 4/17/11 7:22 PM, Bill wrote:

On 4/17/2011 6:24 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/17/11 6:20 PM, Marcia wrote:

The "hump" was already sold out for the end of January, but our room is
pretty close to it.

Marcia

Any cabin close to the elevator just saves walking. Not important to be
on the "hump".

Does the hump have bigger balconies like on the Solstice class ships? I
got one of them in CC on Silhouette later this year.

Bill

I don't think so. *But I'm not 100% positive. *The walkway inside the
ship also juts out following the hump. *So I think it's just the hallway
and balcony walls that are angled a little.

--Tom- Hide quoted text -

The hump balconies are a bit bigger. It's just nice looking side ways
and not seeing another balcony partition. The food in the deck 11
buffet was okay. Tough to find something hot. Omelette bar in the
morning was my favourite. Food in the dining rooms was very good.
Our waiter on seafood night just kept on bringing the lobster and
shrimp til I cried NO MORE! We went on a 'cabin crawl' with a bunch
of people we were with. The corner afts were amazing and one corner
aft on the 7th floor was a qweird shape with a metal pole right in the
middle of their room. It was spacious but the afts would definitely be
a good walk each time.

We book our cabins a year to 2 years out so it's a litle easier to get
the cabin we want. I'm jeoulous. You guys will have an amazing
time. Are you doing the St. Thomas, Coco Cay, and St. Martin
itinerary?

Larry
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia

On 4/19/2011 8:27 PM, Larry & Kim wrote:
On Apr 17, 8:20 pm, Tom wrote:
On 4/17/11 7:22 PM, Bill wrote:

On 4/17/2011 6:24 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/17/11 6:20 PM, Marcia wrote:

[...]

We're doing the Western Caribbean so we could celebrate my birthday on
the ship.

Marcia
Old April 20th, 2011, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 4/20/2011 1:55 AM, Marcia wrote:

We're doing the Western Caribbean so we could celebrate my birthday on
the ship.

Happy Birthday! Tell RCI and they will have some waiters ring a little
cake and candles to your table

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marcia

On 4/20/2011 9:40 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
On 4/20/2011 1:55 AM, Marcia wrote:

We're doing the Western Caribbean so we could celebrate my birthday on
the ship.

Happy Birthday! Tell RCI and they will have some waiters ring a little
cake and candles to your table

It's not until January, and I understand you have to pay for the cake on
RCI. Thanks, though. :-)

Marcia
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 4/20/2011 2:55 AM, Marcia wrote:
We book our cabins a year to 2 years out so it's a litle easier to get
the cabin we want. I'm jeoulous. You guys will have an amazing
time. Are you doing the St. Thomas, Coco Cay, and St. Martin
itinerary?

Larry

We're doing the Western Caribbean so we could celebrate my birthday on
the ship.

Marcia

We're doing Western Caribbean also. I am really looking forward to new
port in Falmouth, Jamaica.

Marsha
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 4/20/2011 5:15 PM, Marcia wrote:
On 4/20/2011 9:40 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
On 4/20/2011 1:55 AM, Marcia wrote:

We're doing the Western Caribbean so we could celebrate my birthday on
the ship.

Happy Birthday! Tell RCI and they will have some waiters ring a little
cake and candles to your table

It's not until January, and I understand you have to pay for the cake on
RCI. Thanks, though. :-)

Marcia

They will bring you a slice of cake with candles. They will also sing.
The slice of cake (and the singing) is free.