Bilbao Airport

Old July 18th, 2005, 07:00 PM
victoria.w.otero

Default Bilbao Airport

Hello,

I am a first time visitor on this group, but I was wondering if I could
get help for my questions. I am travelling stand-by through
airtech.com to Europe from the United States in a week. I was
wondering what were the cheapest airline options to Bilbao from the
following points of origin:

London
Frankfurt
Paris

I would have to purchase my ticket on the spot (since standby is never
guaranteed and I have no fixed US departure time. So I also would need
to know which flights are less likely to be filled up and which
airlines offer on the spot purchasing for a relatively cheap price...I
would only be going one way. Basically I am trying to narrow down
which of these three cities to fly into and which airline (that is
available in Bilbao) to purchase my ticket from when I reach the
counter in one of these three cities.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Victoria

Old July 18th, 2005, 07:23 PM

http://www.skyscanner.net/

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:29 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"victoria.w.otero" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am a first time visitor on this group, but I was wondering if I could
get help for my questions. I am travelling stand-by through
airtech.com to Europe from the United States in a week. I was
wondering what were the cheapest airline options to Bilbao from the
following points of origin:

London
Frankfurt
Paris

I would have to purchase my ticket on the spot (since standby is never
guaranteed and I have no fixed US departure time. So I also would need
to know which flights are less likely to be filled up and which
airlines offer on the spot purchasing for a relatively cheap price...I

I think that you are in danger of spending more on the onward
flight than you have saved with the standby.

IME you are extremely lucky to get a good fare on two day's
notice with any airline, less so to a tourist destination in August.

You might like to consider flying to Paris as you have the
easiest train alternative from there.

tim

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
pikatxu

victoria.w.otero wrote:
Hello,

I am a first time visitor on this group, but I was wondering if I could
get help for my questions. I am travelling stand-by through
airtech.com to Europe from the United States in a week. I was
wondering what were the cheapest airline options to Bilbao from the
following points of origin:

London
Frankfurt
Paris

check out London Stansted - Biarritz ( 150 km from Bilbao ) or London
Stansted - Santander ( 100 km ) with Ryan Air
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Tom Peel

victoria.w.otero wrote:
[...]

Low cost airlines don't work like that. Their on the spot prices are
always very high compared to advance bookings. That said, you'll still
pay less with Easyjet (from London) or AirBerlin (from Frankfurt) than
one-way with the flag carriers. Note AirBerlin leaves 11:30AM,whereas
Easyjet at 7:30, so you have a better chance of a sameday flight.
T.