San Fran: Less Expensive Parking Near Moscone?

Old November 15th, 2011, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
OccasionalFlyer[_3_]

Default San Fran: Less Expensive Parking Near Moscone?

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco. I'm staying at a hotel five or
six blocks northwest of Moscone Center. The hotel wants $53.28 to
self-park a car and $59.28 for valet parking. I am sure there isn't
inexpensive parking around there but is there a way to park for
somehwat less (that is worth the trouble)? I looked briefly at
Moscone Center parking. One of the structures seems like it would
cost about $38.00 per day but I don't knmow if it allows overnight
parking and that is somewhat inconvenient to get luggage from there to
my hotel. So I need somehting closer. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Makowiec

On 15 Nov 2011 in rec.travel.usa-canada, OccasionalFlyer wrote:

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco. I'm staying at a hotel five
or six blocks northwest of Moscone Center. The hotel wants $53.28
to self-park a car and $59.28 for valet parking. I am sure there
isn't inexpensive parking around there but is there a way to park
for somehwat less (that is worth the trouble)? I looked briefly at
Moscone Center parking. One of the structures seems like it would
cost about $38.00 per day but I don't knmow if it allows overnight
parking and that is somewhat inconvenient to get luggage from there
to my hotel. So I need somehting closer. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Do you really need the car? (Are you driving in or flying?) The best
suggestion I got when we visited SF a year ago was to do without a
car, and it worked out fine. We got week-long transit passes, and
rented a car one day to drive down to Monterey.

Check he

http://sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/

They have a neat little app which shows parking facilities on a map,
along with prices. It looks like most of their facilities are in the
$30-35 per day range.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old November 16th, 2011, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article
,
OccasionalFlyer wrote:

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco. I'm staying at a hotel five or
six blocks northwest of Moscone Center. The hotel wants $53.28 to
self-park a car and $59.28 for valet parking. I am sure there isn't
inexpensive parking around there but is there a way to park for
somehwat less (that is worth the trouble)? I looked briefly at
Moscone Center parking. One of the structures seems like it would
cost about $38.00 per day but I don't knmow if it allows overnight
parking and that is somewhat inconvenient to get luggage from there to
my hotel. So I need somehting closer. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If this is your own car, consider parking out of town and taking public
transportation to your hotel. If you are renting a car, either park it
out of town or don't rent it on the days you do not expect to drive it.